smoky on RHS pipe

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
slomka84

smoky on RHS pipe

Post by slomka84 »

hi all. My kr1s is smoking a lot from rhs exhaust and its spiting some oil. i suspect crank seal. however im going to take off pipes to see if they are not flooded as bike wasnt in use for years.

i was looking for crank seals and on part fiche it only showing seal from lhs are they all the same and is there a chance to change rhs seal without spliting cases?

cheers to all
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

complete engine strip if it is the crank seals [the left one is the only one you can change yourself as it slides off the tapered end that goes in to the stator.
also, you cant rebuild a kr1/kr1s crank yourself. time to raid the piggy bank if its the seals.
check the gear oil level and take the bike out for a good blast. you need a good run getting the bike fully hot to blow any crap etc out to know.
if after a good run, not much smoke from bike [and importantly.oil level the same. [-o< . then maybe not seals. then it can be resyncronising your carbs and oil pump . also try swapping plug leads over. if it goes to left side after swapping,could be coil
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2