Hybrid on the wrong forum

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

You can clamp a piece of straight angle iron to the rear sprocket and get wheel central and see how it looks at the front end.
You can use a cheapo lazer line to see how it looks too

It seems all bikes are different :? and some don't even need an offset front sprocket :shock:

Mine is 9mm but if i have just a 9mm front offset sprocket then the chain will hit the inside of the frame(LC is narrower than Powervalve)

So i need something like 4mm shaved off the sprocket carrier and a 5mm offset front or 5mm off the back and 4mm front :?:
If you take off the sprocket carrier you are bringing the chain towards the tyre though :?
Can it yer old boiler
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

If you have the sprocket and spacer put them back on, central the back wheel put your chain back on and have a look first,(might not need off set) could play about by putting some washers behind sprocket but in front of spacer.

The spacer on a ypvs is abit longer then on an lc, (ypvs on mine)
Remember some chains are wider then others,(heavy duty on mne,520 was to wide/close to frame)

As mentioned clamp straight edge.
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

Cheers for the info i will order a front sprocket as either way its going to make it easier to work out the spacing and hope i drop lucky and dont need any.

Looks like this could start getting complicated :-k :-k
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)