F250 Croft 31 March 2007

Tell us where you are racing we might pop along and offer support!
mj43
Premix Junkie

F250 Croft 31 March 2007

Post by mj43 »

It is only 4 weeks to go :)

Got to wonder if the two strokes will beat the 400's again :rolleyes:
or will the diesels get their act together and get revenge for being humbled by a ring-a-ding in 2006 ;)

Looks like Paul Ellerker is going to be one of the favourites on the 400's
mean time Alan Armour is back on his RGV to defend his crown.

Paul really came on tune at the end of last season and pushed Alan and Dave Allsop (FZR400) right down to the wire. The championship not being decided until the last race of the season and what a race it was.

Plenty of 400's on the grid with DP regulars Paul Battersby, Russell Bates and last years novice champion Matthew Brown out to see if this is going to be their year.

Mean time the two strokes are fighting back - spurred on bay Alan Armour's success there is some tasty kit being prepared.

Former club F400 runner up Dan Williams is back - but this time on an NSR250 rather than his trusty VFR400. Though Dan's will be the only 250 h***a at Croft we are expecting more to join later in the season including a full on F3 kitted machine (similar to those run in the Japanese championship) entered by the members of the NSR forum.

Andy Whitley (former Aprilia cup winner and GP wild card) put in an appearance at Cadwell on his 'prilia 250 and is expected at a few rounds this year.

There is a healthy prize fund this year for the 400's, currently at £800, with the series being supported by Grip and Rip and a supporter of the 400's.
The F250 as usual have there prize fund as well which stands at £750 with this years sponsors so far being Corset Angel :) and The Tuning Works.

As they say you got to be in it to win it. If not come along and support the riders - not many championships where you will see so many different types of machines competing on an even footing two stroke and four stroke ZXR, FZR, CBR, VFR, GSXR, NSR, RGV, TZR, KR
rockerted
Heavy Smoker

Post by rockerted »

mj, me and my son, and maybe sprocket stu should be coming, will you be there?? 8)
remember, you can strap a monkey to a rocket, but that won,t make it a pilot..
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

Got the R6 engine back last night so fitting it tonight then running in at Cadwell on sunday All ready for the practice day on the friday at croft.Are you doing that aswell mark?? Can't wait might try and get the R6 on the dyno before as well just to check it Hopefully it l be around the 130 bhp to keep up with all these new ones :cry: :cry:
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

might try and get over for that one.
last time i was at croft mj highsided going through the chicane.
maybe better if i stay away :lol:
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

More the merrier
I will probably be out on John Hawkes KR as mine is still being worked on.
If you do come I will be in the garages - pop in and say hullo
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

Is Foo not using John's bike now then Mark?? Last time i saw it she was going round Mallory on it :lol:
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

No :(

Decided as the chap that was going to spanner the KR for her was no longer around to stick with what she knew.

I have been meaning to try John's and get it set up.

John will be out in PI600 on a ZX600 so I am borrowing the KR :D
corky
Oil Injector

Post by corky »

mark were is your rider profile page? cmon sure your not that shy....
kr1s project wanted
aprillia rs125 track bike
03 r6 race/trackbike
dr500 flat tracker project
plus a few more......x7,kdx125 etc
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

just double checked the date, got to go to see the wedding present in concert that nigh.
will catch y'all later in the season
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

corky wrote:mark were is your rider profile page? cmon sure your not that shy....
Ok I will have to knock one up :?
corky
Oil Injector

Post by corky »

col wrote:just double checked the date, got to go to see the wedding present in concert that nigh.
will catch y'all later in the season
jesus col, let go the 90's are over ....
get yourself to a snow patrol concert..
kr1s project wanted
aprillia rs125 track bike
03 r6 race/trackbike
dr500 flat tracker project
plus a few more......x7,kdx125 etc
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

My write up for the Croft programme

Croft 31March & 1 April 2007

Derby Phoenix’s F400/F250 championship looks set for another thrilling season. With last years championship providing really tight racing right down to the championship deciding, nail biting, last race of the season - this season looks as if will be even better.

Last years leading protagonists, reigning F400 and F250 champion Alan Armour on his RGV VJ23 and ZXR mounted Paul Ellerker, are back for the season opener here at Croft and it looks as if these two will be continuing their battles where they left off last year. With two stroke mounted Alan Armour winning the title last season will the four strokes led by Paul Ellerker get their revenge this year.

With what is arguably the strongest F400/F250 grid in the country there are plenty who will be looking to spoil these two’s party. Last years novice champion Matt Brown (ZXR) and novice runner up Ross Searle (Aprilia RS250) will be hoping to get a look in at the front. Another former novice to look out for is Faye Whittaker (ZXR), Faye surprised many towards the end of last season with her speed particularly in the wet race at Oulton. Also keep an eye open for FZR mounted newcomers, brothers Robert and Daniel Mack and young Scott Mills (KR1S). Scott comes for the same stable as Dan Hegarty and Ben Phillips and will be hoping to follow them and race at national level.

In contrast to the new young riders in the series we have some old hands coming back to the F400/F250 class. Former F400 runner up Dan Williams is back after a couple of seasons campaigning a 600. Dan used to ride a VFR400 but has traded that in for a h***a NSR250 – he will also be out in the Open 400 on a GP250 - if the h***a is sorted definitely a man to keep an eye on. Another man making a come back is Dean Dickinson (FZR). Unlike Dan who has gone from four stroke to two stroke, Dean who used to race an Aprilia RS250 and TZ250 has moved to four strokes.

There is such depth in the F400/F250 grid it is going to be difficult to call a winner, apart from those already mentioned Derby Phoenix regulars Chris Smith, Paul Battersby, Chris Waters and Russell Bates (all ZXR), Mark Jordan (KR1R), Iain McDonald and Richard Gordon (RS250) are all capable of springing a surprise.

Mention must be made about the popularity of the series, reflected in the overall F400/F250 grids, and in particular of the F250. With 15 two strokes mixing it with 18 four strokes and more expected in later rounds, the series is attracting competitors from all corners of the United Kingdom - riders coming from England, Scotland, Wales and the Isle of Man.
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Typical no sooner do I finish the write up and more riders join - last count was 38 on the grid. Dave Alsop last years runner up is back on the RMD ZXR that Michael Saunders runs and that (when it stays in one bit) is a very fast bike

24 STEPHEN CHURCHYARD NORTHWICH KAWASAKI ZXR 400
29 DAN WILLIAMS SUTTON COLDFIELD h***a NSR 250
53 CHRIS WATERS LOUTH KAWASAKI ZXR 400
41 RUSS BATES DONCASTER KAWASAKI ZXR 400
37 PAUL ELLERKER EASINGWOLD KAWASAKI ZXR 400
52 ROSS SEARLE AYLESBURY APRILIA RS 250
132 FAYE WHITTAKER NORTHAMPTON KAWASAKI ZXR 400
66 RICK OWEN LINCOLN KAWASAKI ZXR 400
75 ANDREW CARDEN WEST BRIDGFORD h***a VFR 400
85 DINO BRADY MORECAMBE SUZUKI RGV 250 N
87 ANTHONY BURKE DERBY h***a VFR 400 N
86 CHRIS SMITH FILLONGLEY KAWASAKI ZXR 400
95 MATTHEW GRAVES LINCOLN SUZUKI RGV 250 N
4 ALAN ARMOUR HUMBERSTON SUZUKI RGV 250
109 MARK BAMFORD PEEL I.O.M SUZUKI RGV 250
96 MARK JORDAN STOCKTON KAWASAKI KR1S 250
103 PAUL BATTERSBY NORTHAMPTON KAWASAKI ZXR 400
76 MATT BROWN WOLVERHAMPTON KAWASAKI ZXR 400
117 RICHARD GORDON YORK APRILIA RS 250
93 BRENDAN MEANY WAKEFIELD SUZUKI RGV 250 N
140 ROBERT MACK BARNSLEY YAMAHA FZR 400 N
141 DANIEL MACK BARNSLEY YAMAHA FZR 400
39 IAIN McDONALD EASTKILBRIDE APRILIA RS 250
400 DEAN DICKINSON SCUNTHORPE YAMAHA FZR 400
146 PAUL TEASDALE HEDDON ON THE WALL KAWASAKI ZXR 400 N
153 ADAM LARKIN LYDIATE BMC h***a 400
158 DAVID BARKER DRONFIELD SUZUKI RGV 250
171 SANDY ROBERTSON FIFE SUZUKI RGV 250
110 SCOTT MILLS NOTTINGHAM KAWASAKI KR1S 250 N
161 CHRISTOPHER BRAY BOSTON KAWASAKI ZXR 400 N
170 BILLY SMITH DOUGLAS IOM YAMAHA FZR 400
172 LIAM ABBOTT IRONVILLE APRILIA RS 250
173 PHILLIP ATKIN JACKSDALE APRILIA RS 250 N
175 DAVID ALSOP ASHINGTON KAWASAKI ZXR 400
176 THOMAS FISHER NOTTINGHAM h***a VFR 400 N
162 ZAK LINES SOUTH HUMBERSTONE APRILIA RS 125 N
163 JOSHUA KNAPP LEICESTER APRILIA RS 125 N
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Might have a run up to Croft on Sunday if the weather's fit, not far from the in laws :?
So if you see an orange LC, It'll be me, don't think there's that many around :lol:
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Went, watched the races, Alan Armour seemed to be the pick of the strokers, very tidy looking rgv(s). There was also a very tidy rothmans liveried nsr, but only saw that on the first lap(s). h***a reliability my arse :lol: :lol: .
Did approx 200 miles 2 up on the lc, was cold :roll: must be getting soft.
Must get me KR finished now.