Garage Clearout

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
salty
Heavy Smoker

Garage Clearout

Post by salty »

After not using one of my bikes for a shameful 4 years - I have dragged it out of the garage, charged the battery and splashed some fuel in - wouldnt kick start but bumped straight away. I have built a track bike (which I don't have time to use), am restoring a B2 (which I don't have time to finish) and I am building a black & green C2 - have all the parts (but don't have time to start) - this is the unloved one from the back of the garage.

Just needs a tidyup before selling (provisionaly sold already) refitting Green/White/Blue 1-S bodywork and an engine swap (will put a B-2 back in)

Little tatty in places - paint loss on frame due to a leaky fuel tap and down pipes are a bit rusty - 1-S pipes with DEP cans - but fairly sound with good tyres and good discs - braided hoses all round. Dint in the top of the tank from clumsy move in the garage - but nothing serious

How many more have we all got tucked away in the grarage/shed/back room not being used?
will77
Heavy Smoker

Post by will77 »

Just the Job :D
New to Forum, restoring a KR1...or should i say building from scratch
salty
Heavy Smoker

Post by salty »

Not perfect but not bad for my 3rd best set of bodywork - took it out for a spin - everything seems to be working perfectly, ran it up to 9k in 5th and was still pulling strong but ran out of garden path (obviously wouldn't ride an untaxed uninsured SORN'd bike on the road would I?)

Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Looks pretty good to me... Certainly didn't deserve the naughty corner of the garage :D
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
ARC76
Heavy Smoker

Post by ARC76 »

im prepared to be put in your naughty corner if my kr s will come out looking that nice :)
IF IT DOESNT MAKE IT FASTER LIGHTER STOP QUICKER OR BRING ME SEXUAL SATISFACTION IM NOT INTERESTED!
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Looks good, if that your 3rd best set were is your 1st and 2nd, or if i remember is one set on a 1s with zxr forks :?:
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
salty
Heavy Smoker

Post by salty »

Bike #1 is ZXR400 front end and RGV rear end - has race body work at present but I have an unmarked set of standard black and green bodywork to fit - have had ZXR front wheel and RGV rear wheel powder coated in Kawasaki Green but not fitted yet - Last out at Cadwell in April

Bike #2 is a standard KR1-B2 with a complete set of good plastcs (not the ones pictured) - bought for £500 as seen - was running but everything was shagged. I have had the frame and wheels powder coated and just got the crank rebuilt by BDK and rear shock rebuilt by Brooks - speed of build is currently "super slow motion" - have replaced every bearing and seal - it will be completly standard. - As soon as I start joining parts together instead of taking them apart I will start a new thread.

Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Nice collection, Good price £500, shame about the side panel.
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
salty
Heavy Smoker

Post by salty »

For some reason the previous owner chopped the corner off the right hand side pannel (with a meat cleaver by the look) - bought new plastics from ebay france (good place for KR plastics) - those pictured were good from afar but far from good. All parts were working but so badly worn most things needed replacing. Stripped in mid 2008 should be back together next summer - worlds slowest refurb?

Salty
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

salty wrote: worlds slowest refurb?

Salty
I've got that title I'll have you know.

Nice Standard KR1......Look forward to seeing this one.
"Turned out nice again"