Another Kr1

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Anyway, moving on......................... :roll:

Installed the boiler & finished the piping up over the weekend. Finished the electrics & bingo..... we have heat, well had heat, the oil ran out this afternoon :oops:

Want to see a pic? Of course you do :wink:

[img][img]http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy28 ... 001-22.jpg[/img][/img]

Look at that shoddy brickwork :lol:, only joking.

Fortunately the oil people are coming tomorrow & then for the first time since March or April of this year, we will have heating that works properly \:D/

Excuse the second hand boiler (it works brilliantly \:D/ ) & the 10 year old pump but I don't see any reason not to use old stuff if it still works.

Still got a bit to do (fit a toilet, a door, guttering etc) but I might just have a pop at doing the rest of the extension :-k

Including the brickwork :shock:

And f*** what some people might think :-$
There's nothin' worse than a blabber-mouth cat
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Didn,t know you could fit a Nos bottle to a central heating system :lol:
Super fast heating :)

Looking good,
How long does a tank of oil last for,is it much cheaper then piped gas.
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Didn,t know you could fit a Nos bottle to a central heating system
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ours is a 2 bed, soon to be a 3 bed end of terrace & we usually have two oil deliveries a year.

The last lot was just under £500 for approx a 1000L.

But it goes up & down like a yoyo. I think the most we have paid was about £580 :-k

What's the gas prices like at the moment?
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

I had to ask the boss that one (mrs375) yes it goes up and down like a yo yo, as we all know up in the winter, down in the summer :shock:

About £200 this summer and about £500 in the winter, 3 bed detached, heating and cooking with gas.

We had a new Valiant combi boiler fitted 2years ago plus new radiators about 90% new system and it has made a big saving on our bills. Its nice and warm now i can walk about in my Y fronts all evening :lol:

As quick as you work out how much you save the gits put it up again and make it very confusing how to work the bill out #-o
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

The guy I bought the oil boiler off had just fitted a Vaillant combi. He reckons its the biz.

The second part of the plumbing system will be an unvented hot water cylinder, once the rest of the extension is done, a few years time then :lol:

This will sit just inside the house next to the boiler cupboard, at the moment the boiler has to pump hot water to the other side of the house to heat the hot water cylinder. I hate to think how much heat is lost through the pipework.

I'm also trying to work out a way to fit a log burner onto the system to help with keeping the oil costs down but there is all sorts of logistical nightmares involved, what with having a sealed system :roll:
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Howie wrote:
My old ma used to say"if you have nowt nice to say,say nowt at all"but Howie,thats the kind of brickwork plasterers were taut how to render for
If it took you a 3 days to lay the bricks on yer boiler cupboard-how long did it take to build that?and if your bricky in oz built it....i'd stay there out of shame if i built to that standard
Gonna go to the LC thread,and look at something nice
Yep, cheers for that Gary................... =D>
Sorry about that Howie but i had had a bit a sauce 8-[
It makes me ask though,have you any mortar between your new build and existing?How come you have blockwork for a pitched roof,but have a flat roof?Why have you cuts above the door frame and the concrete above the bottom coarse at damp level?and quarter bricks-makes me do a frank dobberman ](*,) .
For a first go Howie,not too bad really,i have seen so called bricky's turn worse work out.Its a rustic looking building that your extending as well so most folk will think it looks sound i guess.
You cannot tell me that the wall behind the boiler and the external brickwork were done by the same chap :-s .
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

I worry for people who have never built anything

Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Sorry about that Howie but i had had a bit a sauce
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It ok Gary, no offence taken :wink:

There is mortar between new & old. I didn't cut the bricks into the existing building, I just used ss screw in brick ties, I know its the easy way out :oops:

The blockwork you can see in the pic is for the 'wrap around' extension, which will have a hipped roof when finished, seemed daft using bricks where they won't be seen.

The cuts above the chunky door frame are to mimmick the original back door of the house but I only had un-even quarry tiles laying about so used them. I do have to trim them up when I get a moment.

No excuses for the quarter bricks, that was my p*** poor measuring out :oops:

All the brickwork/blockwork you can see just for the boiler cupboard was done by me, the brick & block above was done by my bricky.

I'll have to post another pic so you can see what I mean by the wrap around extension. I'm not very good at explaining things :roll:
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

While demolishing walls this weekend, I thought I would take a look at Hipringles bike again, on my lunch break obviously, wouldn't want Mrs H thinking i'm slacking :lol:

Looks like it has 1s barrels on it & possibly some 'tuning' to the head (I can't make out the scrawl engraved on it)

Can someone remind me what nos. the 1s carbs are please, save me taking my Kr1 apart :D
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Well, while waiting around for you lot to come up with an answer, I thought, find it yourself Howie lad, so...............

I believe Kr1s carbs are V607/608
And Kr1 carbs are V454/455

So essentially, I have a Kr1 with all the goodies off a Kr1s, which answers the question to what I do with it............originality is out of the window :lol:

Or I could take all the Kr1 bits off my Kr1s project & replace them with the bits from Hipringles bike then build a fairly original Kr1 with what I have left over :-k

But that would be 20 years from now....................... Or I could just sell the lot & buy myself a nice sensible H0nda :-k
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Howie, do you even know the meaning of the word "sensible"? :-k
And if you do, please explain it to me, cause apperently I don't. People have been telling me for a while now that it's not sensible to ride motorbikes. So as far as I can make out, Sensible basically means boring. So, H0nda=sensible=BORING. :-k
Yeah, that seems about right to me. :wink: :lol:
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Howie, do you even know the meaning of the word "sensible"?
Hang about, I know this one..................

Isn't it something to do with removing all packaging before placing pizza in oven?

I do like the look of those Nc700's :-k