Happy new year ,and the suns out

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

did about 100 miles since sunday checked plugs this evening
grey left (changed to middle clip from top)
light biscuit brown right (left alone) i think ime getting there ,fitted a foam filter and went out and it seems a fair bit better ,filter helps smoothes things out low down and is definitely needed in this wet weather
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

Keep up the testing,your get there in the end if you go about it methodically and dont presume or predict anything.
is the plug description you mention after a good blast and hit the kill switch or just general riding?
If its the latter i would go richer on the needle on both,generally you want a dark brown after normal riding and a light tan after a good "clear out".
Are you running B9's or 10's?
Also cant remember if i said it before but dont turn the pump up as it will lean the fuel mix.
HTH :D
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

hi dave, i didnt alter the oil in the end ,i richend up the left ,ran for 3 days then dropped the left one notch (it was sooty n black),bit the bullet and got hotter plugs and motul 800 ,was crispy dry air today but me batterys nailed ,pulls clean to what i dare at the moment 11 1/2 ,the difference between 8 n 11 is a fair bit better ,ile have a muckabout this weekend ,and i dont know which cdi `s in ,ile do a run on both now its nearly appy
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Fred,
Do you run the Motul 800 as premix or pump?
Cheers
Bernie :D
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

its on the pump but its the offroad 800 ,its clearly thicker than the 710 but thinner than the road race ,will be having a look at how it injects tommoro
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Fred,
The only reason I asked was, I was going to buy some and it said premix, for pumps use the 710.
Just found out the Wisco pistons for my bike cost 150 a shot, so I need to be careful with the ones I have :oops:
Cheers
Bernie :D
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

at that price i would be carefull as well ,ime going to try it and see ,if i was on replated bores and new pistons i may be doing things different ,but at the moment i can try things
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

I wouldnt take too much notice of the "premix only",ive run the 800 Road race and Off Road version through the KR pump in winter and it was fine,also silkolene Pro 2 which is another "premix only" labelled oil.
Maybe some pumps arent as effecient as the KR pump so they need to cover themselves if you use it in a pump at minus 10 degrees or such.
Only oils i wouldnt use in a pump would be castor/synthetic blends,all the above are 100pc synthetic.
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

i did 20 miles tonight after checking the flow ,ive got no worries whatsoever and its bloomin cold about 3 degrees ,ime ready for a dyno run now as soon as i can afford it ,ran it on the cdi with 1234 on it cant remember if its the kr1 box ,running realy good in all rev ranges :D
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

:D
The CDI's vary (in quality?) and consistency so although the S should work better for the later peaking (500rpm) S spec motor this isnt really how things are,your either lucky or not.
For the record,ive run a few S and B2 CDI's on the same engine (tuned B2) and there was some difference at high rpm but it was actually the B2 version that allowed the higher revs before peaking.
You can tell which is which easily,turn the ignition ON,B2 cycles the valves with no delay,The S stops in the OPEN for a few secs then Closes.
If you get a chance take a pic of the plugs after youve been out for a good ride,be interested to see them.
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

happy new year everyone,what a great start to the year :D
i want to put a few miles on it then ive got a a few free dyno runs to see the difference between the standard pipes n mine,plugs are dark digestive ,155 rd mains,middle clip,airbox rear half of lid removed with foam and ss mesh,crankcase welded n flowed,standard kr1s barrels slightly flowed,
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Brilliant pics Fred... Your putting us all to shame =D>
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
marksim
Smoker

Post by marksim »

Well done to you and weather looks good
KR1S Special
Aprilia RS 270
Suzuki RGV VJ 21
Yam RD400F
KTM SDR 990
fred
Oil Injector

Re: Happy new year ,and the suns out

Post by fred »

where does the time go ? got some new brake seals now t fit ,ime guessing new pistons n all ,wele see said the blind dog to the deaf donkey
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Re: Happy new year ,and the suns out

Post by dave32 »

Good to hear and see she's going well :D
be interesting to see how the pipes compare back to back on your engine.