Plugs

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Plugs

Post by the kid »

Have noticed you guys seem to use BR10 plugs but the man says standard is BR9es
Am I right thinking the 10 is a colder plug ? Why run a 10 ?
Have run B9es plugs last time out (no R in stock at the time) with no dramas , but have a set of BR9eg to put in for this weekends outing . Anything to watch out for with this plug ?

Any info from here would be great (tend to rely on info from here rather than half the crap I get told by shop staff and others :roll: )
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

BR10ES was specced for the Kr-1S, BR9ES was for the Kr1. I'm sure it's ok to use the 9ES in the KR-1S, it's just that the 9ES plug runs hotter, so it will be more likely to hole your pistons if you go flat out for any length of time.
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

Cliff wrote:BR10ES was specced for the Kr-1S, BR9ES was for the Kr1. I'm sure it's ok to use the 9ES in the KR-1S, it's just that the 9ES plug runs hotter, so it will be more likely to hole your pistons if you go flat out for any length of time.....
... so in wintertime, when the roads are slippy and you don't (wanna :lol: ) ride full throttle, BR9ES are perfect for an S :wink:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
youngjon
Smoker

Post by youngjon »

Do people tend to use straight forward BR10/9's or iridium/splitfire/exotic/expensive variants?
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

ordinary NGK BR10/9ES are fine.

i think there is some more info on the team sparrow website.
links on the main page i think
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

both MJ and I run NGK B10EV gold plalladium plugs which are designed for two stroke MX machines. no problems with them in an entire season :D
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk