My new bike

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
barryj
Heavy Smoker

My new bike

Post by barryj »

Removed
Last edited by barryj on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

Wow!,
that has got to be without doubt the most stunning grand prix rep 2 stroke road/race bikes I have ever seen.
That must have cost a fortune.

I am SOOO jealous, it makes me go all gooey just looking at it.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

What a bike :shock: , it looks beautiful.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

my new bike.

Post by KR1 Man »

Hi Barryj, KR1 man calling. Just managed to tear myself away from the pictures of 'Your new bike' (wish it was mine) What an absolutley mega-XXXXing gorgeous, high revvin' four pot smokin,two strokin, pure piston ported power, 2 wheeled orgasm,get-yer-kneedown beauty she is............. she looks like she's doing 180mph, and that's just standing still!!!. I have always dreamed of owning something like this, the passion began back in 1980 when a crowd of us RD250 L plate pilots went to the local flea pit to see Silver Dream Racer and sometime after that, to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. Some of us began fantasising about ' road legal TZ's' and for at least one of that crowd of yobs (all now 40 something) the dream is still VERY MUCH ALIVE. Although my budget would only extend to a 250, have chased 2x h***a RS250 and a Yamaha TZ250B. Each occasion I was either outpriced or too late, but what the heck? One day I may get to 'Eating Modern 4stroke Sportsbikes... ' meanwhile, ENJOY :D :D :D. Ps and it's road legal - 8) 8) 8)
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

don't let it slip while at the pump :lol:

joking apart its a beauty 8) - way out of my price league
Smokings Good For You
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

Garry, way out of my price league too!

Kr1 Man, its a disc valve motor not piston ported! Sorry I couldnt resist :lol:

Thanks for the comments.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Got to say this is a dream of a bike. the only fault with it is that its got h***a on the fairing I suppose that's gonnna get col's jucies running :lol: :lol: Its only missing the goldwing sticker :lol: :lol:

sorry col can't resist. :lol:

OTOH as Big K and Susie have a tech swap and bike swap agreement nowadays to complete with the big two jap companies (car firm and organ maker) u may be able to put a kwak sticker on it (ok maybe not)

Got to say that's my dream of a bike (it just isnt a green meenie) :cry:
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

Wow :shock: and you guys can run something like that on public roads :shock:

What is an RG570 motor ? pray tell excusing my ignorance (thinking a bored RG500)

And any chance of some naked shots ?
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

Removed
Last edited by barryj on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

Umphhh, just done a sex wee!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

Love the Douglas Addams quote, my favourite writer abd then the selfish bastard died leaving me nothing new to read!

I notice you are in South Wales, wherabouts? I am just outside Newport, are there any meets organised around our way?

Cheers
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

yeah lucky buggers, we cant get Daytime M.O.T.'s anymore in this part of the UK.
.. Image ..
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

alimorg wrote:Umphhh, just done a sex wee!
Me too :oops:
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

Kwak on, what do you mean you cant get daytime mot's? the rules are the same UK wide arent they?
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

not quite, we have M.O.T. centres (DVLNI) that only test vehicles, you can take your's to a mechanic as I understand it.

bikes before a certain year I think can still be "daytime" but generally they have not permitted it for track bikes. there was some allowance for off-road bikes apparently.

I think the only reason it was ever allowed was to enable people to travel to an event on the machine they would use.

there are plenty of other slight differences in legal stuff in N.I. we have after all got our own government (of sorts).

one odd difference which I noticed but I have never heard it bothered about is: pillion must have a licence for the bike they ride pillion on.

nuff of that. grrr, one advantage here is less Gatso's and the Road Racing (NW200, UGP etc.)
.. Image ..