KR1S Refurb

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
steph.hen

KR1S Refurb

Post by steph.hen »

Hi everyone, my names Steph and this is my first post, so be gentle with me :lol:
I bought this KR1S in bits about 10 years ago with the intent to go racing with it, just before they decided to scrub the 250 class in Scotland #-o
It's been kicking around in boxes ever since. So it's about time she was returned to her former glory. Here's some pics of the state of her now

Frame's powder coated and swinging arm polished

Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Hi Steph,

Welcome to the forum, plenty of pics, very good =D>

Do you work as a motorcycle mechanic or are the rest of the bikes your own private collection?
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Welcome to the forum
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

Hello and welcome
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Welcome to the forum Steph, and good luck with the rebuild. Doesn't look like your stuck for work space.
"Turned out nice again"
steph.hen

Post by steph.hen »

Thanks for the welcome guys :)
Do you work as a motorcycle mechanic or are the rest of the bikes your own private collection?
Yeah I'm a "mecanick". I have my own garage for bikes and cars, although two strokes are not my strong point. The last stroker I had was a RM80 when was a kid.
So hopefully I can pick up some stroker tricks with the wealth of experience on here from you guys, and I can share some of my experience with yourselves.

The Bandit in the background is mine, but I'm not owning up to the MZ that's a customers :lol:
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

Hi Stephen,
Good to see a KR getting the attention it deserves.
Best advice i can give is kawasaki knew what they were doing when they built the kr's,engine is best left standard IMO as there easily fast enough for most mere mortals.
Chassis/suspension and brakes (providing there not knackered)are awesome even compared to modern tackle,they may not have USD's,radial caliper,high/low speed shock adjusters but they work as a package which is the most important aspect.
Good luck
:D
steph.hen

Post by steph.hen »

Cheers mate, my intentions was to keep her standard trim, just an tidy up and overhall of the brakes, suspension and engine. I have matched the barrels but that's all. I just want to enjoy her for what she is