New Members message

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
KFOR
Heavy Smoker

New Members message

Post by KFOR »

Hi all, thought i'd say hi and introduce myself to the forums :) i have just bought myself a race KR1s 250cc which will need some tender loving care. it has been tuned by Stan Stephens so looking forward to chatting and putting up some photos etc. So i will apoligise now for the future stupid questions im bound to ask you more experienced owners of the fantastic two stroke. If there is any good site for me to check out please feel free to reply ...
Thanks all
KFOR :D
dudlee
lurker

Post by dudlee »

how far will you go with the tlc,is she running at the moment and do you know much history?
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Hi KFOR,

Welcome to the forum, stupid questions are welcome here, if you don't ask etc etc :wink:

Are you planning to put it back on the road or keep it as a track day/race bike?

Get those pics on, we do like pics :D
KFOR
Heavy Smoker

Post by KFOR »

Hi Dudlee, I'm not going to hold back with the tlc.... Plan to have it looking full on with performance parts etc. As soon as I get delivery on her I will post some photos up. Should be this weekend all being well. Can't wait :-) the only history I know currently is it's racing in Scotland and tuned by Stan Stephenson in Kent (good web site). What have you got :?:
KFOR
Heavy Smoker

Post by KFOR »

Thanks Howie, hope to get some pickies up as soon as possible.
I plan to keep her for the track only, I raced h***a RS 125's over the last 5 years winning the EMRA Championship in 2008 so keen to get out there next year \:D/
dudlee
lurker

Re: New member

Post by dudlee »

KFOR wrote:Hi Dudlee, I'm not going to hold back with the tlc.... Plan to have it looking full on with performance parts etc. As soon as I get delivery on her I will post some photos up. Should be this weekend all being well. Can't wait :-) the only history I know currently is it's racing in Scotland and tuned by Stan Stephenson in Kent (good web site). What have you got :?:
I've got a vj22 just rebuilt it,i like the bit where you spend a grand on the engine and you run it in before you even ride it. :)
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Re: New Members message

Post by ScottaKR »

KFOR wrote:If there is any good site for me to check out please feel free to reply ...
Apart from this one, the only other site that you may find usefull is the Team Sparrow site created by forum member mj43. He hasn't updated it in a while, but it covers most of the basics (in one easy location), and then it's a matter of searching through the forums here to find more recent port maps etc. There's a heck of a lot of info on tunning these little beasts scattered through the site, and although it may take you quite a while to go through the older posts, it is definately worth the effort.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Welcome to the forum.

A KR I am aware of in Scotland was Brent's. Is this your bike?

There are a few of us that race our KR's still, so you're in good company here.

How far do you want to take the performance? I am having a full close ratio transmission built this year, so if you're interested, just let me know within the next month.

I will start assembling my bike again this weekend ready for 2012, so I will post some pics up for you to have a look at.