Progress!!

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

ARD do a zxr mudguard with mesh and stuff, could order one of them but it's about £90 quid for one :shock: Suppose I could have a go myself, right I'm off to find a fret or piercing saw or whatever they're called.
2tanks
Heavy Smoker

Post by 2tanks »

A bremmel would do the job done a simaler job with 1 came out great go for it :idea:
Risk nothing
Do nothing
Acheive nothing
Become NOTHING!!!!
( Big Dave R.I.P )
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Dremmel it is :idea: , did my rear light cut out with one of those and some carbon slitting discs. Might make the mudguard look less 'big' Ok of to search for some fine metal mesh finished in black.
2tanks
Heavy Smoker

Post by 2tanks »

your get the mesh from agood quality rc planes shop :wink:
Risk nothing
Do nothing
Acheive nothing
Become NOTHING!!!!
( Big Dave R.I.P )
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Cheers Wayne, now to find a model shop and come out without buying one of those helicopters :lol:
2tanks
Heavy Smoker

Post by 2tanks »

How,s the mudguard going mark :?:
Risk nothing
Do nothing
Acheive nothing
Become NOTHING!!!!
( Big Dave R.I.P )
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Going to wait till the weekend, Wayne, Got to pick my wheel up on Thursday, going to start bolting it all up then, see how it looks before anything else.
2tanks
Heavy Smoker

Post by 2tanks »

Mark, send me the mudguard and paint and temp plate of the size's and ill do it for you :wink:
Risk nothing
Do nothing
Acheive nothing
Become NOTHING!!!!
( Big Dave R.I.P )
frog32
Premix Junkie

Post by frog32 »

bit off topic .........sorry

mark your panels done 8)

2 tanks sent your rear brake today 8)

cheers lee
2 strokes our way of life :-)
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

I think I've got a bit of a powder coating fetish going on, well got my zxr250 wheel back today, it is different to a 1s, well it has a different code on it :lol: Even managed to find all 10 of my Titanium disc bolts, unusually I hadn't managed to lose one 8)

Thought I'd get my top yoke done black as well, I've gone right of polishing and Cliff lives much too far away to bribe him to clean it :lol:
Got the speedo drive done, so it's just a question of getting a tyre on tomorrow, then I can start putting it all back together.

On the caliper front, I'm going to check the fireblade ones for fit first, then get some sleeves made for the mounting holes in the zxr forks. Plus I think I'll have some new lines made up if they work out ok.

Oh yeah quick pic of more powder coated stuff, and Lee yeah your wheels done :lol:

Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Really nice, i like it 8) .
frog32
Premix Junkie

Post by frog32 »

mark

where the rg pics m8 8)

:roll: :wink:

me and our kids waiting :lol: to see it with clothes on
2 strokes our way of life :-)
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Lee, been out all day haven't had chance :( Will do asap. Along with putting the KR back together.
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Well I got bored and attacked my mudguard (Don't shout at me Lee, paint finish is still spot on :lol: ) with a drill and a dremmel and armed with some very fine mesh did this. The black mesh section does relieve the overall greeness of the 'guard.
The mesh doesn't show up brilliantly in the pic, but looks ok in the flesh.
All reasembled now, going to put the 1S calipers on until I get round to having the spacers made for the fireblade ones, if my new hoses turn up will get it all sorted this weekend. Then just need to get a bit of the rearsets altered and I'm all done for this rebuild :lol: Only thing is I now fancy doing the black frame thing, think that'll have to wait till autumn, might look for another frame and get that coated and then build into that.
How come my KR is never finished? Think if I get another one that's staying standard :lol: :lol: In fact I've just worked out if I swap the frame the only thing left of the original KR1 would be the loom, rear light and rear mudguard :shock:
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

i think the mudguard looks better now - look forward to some pics
on the bike

bet you wish you hadn't thought about the black frame :lol:
Smokings Good For You