Tell us where to meet you!
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

I will be there :D
Rocket
Heavy Smoker

Post by Rocket »

I should be there, hopefully if the 2 motors I've put together work. just need to test them sometime soon. [-o<
awood12345

Post by awood12345 »

Excellent guys, hope to see you all there. :D I'll be the guy with the pepsi tyga RGV, come over and say hi.
RGV's are better!
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I've booked in
Reversecylinderjim

Post by Reversecylinderjim »

awood12345 wrote:Excellent guys, hope to see you all there. :D I'll be the guy with the pepsi tyga RGV, come over and say hi.
Hi i would love to do this trackday but due to financial reasons ive had to sell my TZR track bike. Could i be cheeky and ask if i could run my vfr 400 trackbike at all? Thanks James
Willie Eckerslike

Post by Willie Eckerslike »

I was planning on taking my YPVS but it is out of action at the moment so I am taking my big 4 stroke.

I am sure it would not be an issue but you will get ribbed for taking a 4 stroke.

Get booked in or send a message to sam via facebook
Never Stand in the middle of a Three Way Street
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

Willie Eckerslike wrote:I was planning on taking my YPVS but it is out of action at the moment so I am taking my big 4 stroke.

I am sure it would not be an issue but you will get ribbed for taking a 4 stroke.

Get booked in or send a message to sam via facebook
I think it may be an issue and you would be best to phone and check. As the 3rd group is a Race group for the weekends meeting and they were up in arms about not being able to book in to the other groups because they were on 4 strokes. What is to stop them jumping in to the other groups and causing mayhem??
Derby Phoenix MCC F600 Novice Champion 2006
2009 F1 British Championship Sidecar Passenger
5th 2011 British Championship F1 sidecar
Willie Eckerslike

Thanks for the heads up!

I spoke to MSV this morning, gave them my details and they gave me permission to ride the 4 stroke. Its a good job I did as if I had not called I would have been denied access to the track.

It will become apparent when you see my riding that I am not a racer in any form and will be creating mayhem for all the wrong reasons!!

I will be there with the YPVS with the KR1S front and back end in it and will be wobbling around track on a grey CB1000

Willie
awood12345

Post by awood12345 »

Reversecylinderjim wrote:Hi,

I would love to do this trackday but due to financial reasons ive had to sell my TZR track bike. Could I be cheeky and ask if I could run my vfr 400 trackbike at all? Thanks James
Sorry for my delay in replying, it's ok, its more about the spirit of it, but you'll have to take some stick for it.

One of the sessions is full so we are having to split the groups, this shouldn't be an issue as most of the novices have been on trackdays before. The groups are going to be more like novice/inters and inters/advanced.

Cheers,
Alan
RGV's are better!
awood12345

Post by awood12345 »

Willie Eckerslike wrote: I think it may be an issue and you would be best to phone and check. As the 3rd group is a Race group for the weekends meeting and they were up in arms about not being able to book in to the other groups because they were on 4 strokes. What is to stop them jumping in to the other groups and causing mayhem??
I've heard none of these complaints, was this on a forum somewhere? The way I see it is, it's a bit different having to sell your bike or having blown it up shortly before the SATT trackday than being a racer who wants extra time or someone taking thier GSXR out for a spin. Many members of these forums have been around for years and know everyone, I don't want these people excluded because thier bikes gone pop or is too expensive to run. But I don't want people to just invite thier mate on a GSZXR1 etc... It is a fine line but as only about 5 people out of the 50+ booked in (and rising) have asked I don't think it'll be a problem.
RGV's are better!
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

awood12345 wrote:
Willie Eckerslike wrote: ?
I've heard none of these complaints, was this on a forum somewhere? The way I see it is, it's a bit different having to sell your bike or having blown it up shortly before the SATT trackday than being a racer who wants extra time or someone taking thier GSXR out for a spin. Many members of these forums have been around for years and know everyone, I don't want these people excluded because thier bikes gone pop or is too expensive to run. But I don't want people to just invite thier mate on a GSZXR1 etc... It is a fine line but as only about 5 people out of the 50+ booked in (and rising) have asked I don't think it'll be a problem.
No wasn,t on a forum but I also race with the Club that is there at the weekend so have heard a few moaning :D But all racers moan when they don,t get what they want :roll:
I totally agree the more the merrier and can,t wait. I only wanted to point out it may be worth a call just to check it would be ok Didn,t want someone travelling miles to be refused entry :-({|=
Willie Eckerslike

I am going more for the social aspect of the event and camping over night on the Thursday, its nice spending time with a load of mates who I have met over the years at SATT and other trackdays that we meet at. Its the first time I have not had a working 2 stroke for the past 8 years or so

I got into loads of trouble last year as SATT was held on the 29th July which happens to be my wedding anniversary, the Mrs still reminds me of this on a weekly basis!

Looking forward to riding round Cadwell as it is a fabulous track with a few mates

W
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Stop by and say hello, I'll be there from the Thursday night #73
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

Yep me too all being well Will have the caravan and merc sprinter :D
Willie Eckerslike

Had a superb day yesterday at SATT, the company was good, track superb and all who attended kind of behaved themselves all day, the same could not be said about the night before for those who stayed the night before!

There were a couple of crashes, one aprilia crashed on some coolant that had been dumped by a 3xv losing a bolt that drains the coolant from the front end, and (there may be a pattern to this) a mate fell off his 3xv at about 80 mph and escaped with a mashed up calf on his left leg, he was more concerned about the bike which was also fine.

The weather was a perfect sunny summers day, track was grippy.

See you next year and check facetube for videos which will be popping up later.

All the best

W