SATT 2011 - Its on!

Tell us where to meet you!
salty
Heavy Smoker

Post by salty »

Great Day! Cadwell on a hot & sunny day with just 2 strokes is hard to beat. The worlds slowest project morphed into a fairly quick trackday bike somewhat handicaped by the worlds slowest trackday rider (me)

Great fun - only scared myself witless a couple of times (per lap!) managed to keep it rubber side down and only crossed the grass once!

Can't recommend this too much - fab day and any 2 stroke welcome KH500 triple running round slowly (till it went pop). KR1's and RGV pretty evenly matched but TZR's were flying.

Suitable for all abillity groups from numpty to nutter

Salty
awood12345

Post by awood12345 »

Glad you had a god day, was good to see some KR1's out there, I actually out dragged one on the straight, knew they were slow. :lol: Well that was untill I tagged along to the back of Mark Jordan, that think is a missile!
RGV's are better!
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Thanks for organising the day.

Had a great time. Henry the Derby Phoenix chief Scrute was out on the KR in the Inters last time he was on track was 24 years ago. I was in the novice group so KR was out in both groups.

We had to run it in in the morning so it wasn't really up to speed until the afternoon.

Had a cracking dice with Rocket (Mark Stephenson) in one session. His KR was flying and not much between the two bikes. Unfortunately his bike stopped (reason unknown) in a later session.

Little bike did well running 40 minutes in the hour it was like an endurance race. Henry would come in we would pop the fuel cap open , re-fuel, Henry jumps off I get on and the bike goes straight out.

Bike then did 4 races Saturday/Sunday with Flute on board taking 4 F250 wins before I hopped on for the last race. Only managed second though :( but that was from the 10th row so fairly happy.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Thanks for organising that Alan, we had a great day and weekend.

Had a reliable race weekend with Derby Phoenix, but I didn't make the last race unfortunately. I was feeling a bit knackered and wanted to get back home at a respectable time Sunday.
HenryTechTZ350
lurker

SATT Day at Cadwell on MJ KR-1S

Post by HenryTechTZ350 »

mj43 wrote:Thanks for organising the day.

Had a great time. Henry the Derby Phoenix chief Scrute was out on the KR in the Inters last time he was on track was 24 years ago. I was in the novice group so KR was out in both groups.

We had to run it in in the morning so it wasn't really up to speed until the afternoon.

Had a cracking dice with Rocket (Mark Stephenson) in one session. His KR was flying and not much between the two bikes. Unfortunately his bike stopped (reason unknown) in a later session.

Little bike did well running 40 minutes in the hour it was like an endurance race. Henry would come in we would pop the fuel cap open , re-fuel, Henry jumps off I get on and the bike goes straight out.

Bike then did 4 races Saturday/Sunday with Flute on board taking 4 F250 wins before I hopped on for the last race. Only managed second though :( but that was from the 10th row so fairly happy.
That ride out at Cadwell stirred the old fire and it was such an enjoyable experience. I was surprised at how nimble and "flickable " it was through the chicane and Gooseneck (my last time on a race track was on a TZ350 with a Spondon Ally frame which I used to race with some success when it behaved).
Thanks to Mark letting me out on his bike, I am now the proud owner of a KR-1S! I'll be there for the SATT day in 2012 if it goes ahead. Can't wait... who knows I might even re-apply for an ACU licence and do some Derby Phoenix events. :D
Current Bikes:-
Ducati Multistrada 1000DS
Kawasaki KR-1S
Kawasaki KH100
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

Welcome Henry!
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Yep as mike says, welcome Henry,

Notice you have a Kh100, get a pic up fella, I love the little two stroke Kwaks, I have a Kc100 (possibly 2 soon :-k :-$ )

Oh & erm pop a pic up of the 1s too :oops:
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Re: SATT Day at Cadwell on MJ KR-1S

Post by Luders »

HenryTechTZ350 wrote:That ride out at Cadwell stirred the old fire and it was such an enjoyable experience. I was surprised at how nimble and "flickable " it was through the chicane and Gooseneck (my last time on a race track was on a TZ350 with a Spondon Ally frame which I used to race with some success when it behaved).
Thanks to Mark letting me out on his bike, I am now the proud owner of a KR-1S! I'll be there for the SATT day in 2012 if it goes ahead. Can't wait... who knows I might even re-apply for an ACU licence and do some Derby Phoenix events. :D
Get some pictures up and get your license application off Henry!

Be some good racing in the F400/F250 class next year.