Oddjobs KR1 B2

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Full marks on the paint job oddjob( :? )

It looks like the bike is coming along well. Whats next on the list of things to do?
oddjob

Post by oddjob »

Cheers for all the replies :D I,m still waiting for the shock to be returned, they have said it will be ready next week. Then it will be tyres from a local bike shop ( Bridgestone BT92 £195 a pair ) . I have got the barrel back from B.D.K with new pistons etc so i,ll have to re-build the engine :shock: . Then i will start putting things back together which i,m looking foward too :)
vicar

Post by vicar »

Oddjob your bike had better be fast you might just get blown off by a red Yamaha twin, ................................................................
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

vicar wrote:Oddjob your bike had better be fast you might just get blown off by a red Yamaha twin, ................................................................
Virago? V star? Tdm? I reckon you are gonna be fine Oddjob :wink:
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
oddjob

Post by oddjob »

That wouldn't be the red yamaha twin that rides at the back of our group on a sunday blast because he goes soooooooooooooooooooo slow would it vicar :lol:
oddjob

Post by oddjob »

I got the rear shock back this week so i painted the spring and fitted the swinging arm and shock.
Have also cleaned the barrels and cylinder head of the old gasket and everything is ready for assembling
I also have had the new tyres ( Bridgestone BT45s ) fitted so the wheels went back on. I tryed to get BT92s but nobody had them stock. The next job is to put the engine back together and fit it in the frame but the weather looks nice for sunday so we will be going for a blast :D
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

Erm, is it just me or are the forks bent?
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
buzinc
Heavy Smoker

Post by buzinc »

IT's looking nice so far - but I do spot pattern head and base gasket set, looking dangerously like they are about to be used!

I would (guess everybody will agree) get the genuine Kwak ones. :wink:
oddjob

Post by oddjob »

The gaskets came back from B.D.K after they re-plated the barrel, they sent them with the new pistons so i presumed they were O.K. :-k
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

Only use original head gaskets, pattern base gaskets are ok. With those I haven't had any problems so far.

Charles
oddjob

Post by oddjob »

Charles, does that mean i should bin the gaskets i got from B.D.K. I have not seen any gasket sets for a KR1 made by Kawasaki :?
buzinc
Heavy Smoker

Post by buzinc »

The original is still available from any kwak dealer. Check out

http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-1990-c2-k ... E1111.html

for part nos

110041177 about £20 odd + postage
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

oddjob wrote:Charles, does that mean i should bin the gaskets i got from B.D.K. ?
No, you should only bin the head gasket. The other gaskets from the set can be safely used. Just buy the head gasket from Kawasaki, just as Buz wrote.

Charles
oddjob

Post by oddjob »

Just bought one from cradley kawasaki ( 21.99 ) so thanks for the tip :D
oddjob

Post by oddjob »

, I have put the engine back together and fitted it into the frame. It was not as difficult as i thought it would be, also fitted a kawasaki head gasket. The kips were tricky getting everything the right way round.
Since then i have fitted most of the rear end, carbs ( after a good clean ), oil tank, water tank and the new battery. The wiring loom has also been fitted and i tested the kips motor which worked a treat.
Today the radiator went back on and the new front sprocket and chain were fitted
The next job is to order some brake lines and get them working also to give the exhausts a good clean and paint then re-fit them.
If anyone has any tips for cleaning out the inside of the exhausts i would be grateful.