Oddjobs KR1 B2

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
oddjob

Oddjobs KR1 B2

Post by oddjob »

[imImageg]

[IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n56 ... 000183.jpg

Here is my new arrival. Just before christmas me and my brother came across two KR1 B2s. One was running and the other being used for spare parts ( guess which one i got 8-[ ). Its took me this long to figure out how to put the pictures on the forum #-o . I dont think i,ve seen one this colour before. Next job is to totaly strip it as the guy who sold it said it had seized.
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

looks all about there have u got any exhausts ?
oddjob

oddjobs KR1 B2

Post by oddjob »

Yeh, There in the corner with the rad and a couple of side panels
oddjob

Post by oddjob »

This is what the barrel looked like when i took it off.
And this was the piston.
I presume the barrel would need re-plating.Is there any difference between KR1/KR1s barrels and pistons ?
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

oddjob wrote:Is there any difference between KR1/KR1s barrels and pistons ?
pistons are the same, KR1 barrels got an extra transfer port opposite the exhaust.

Charles
oddjob

Post by oddjob »

Could anyone tell me the difference in the barrel coatings between the KR1 and the KR1s ? I am going to contact P.J. Engineering/ B.D.K. and Grampian Motors, are these the right people to contact ?. Also the rear shock needs reconditioning so any info would be much appreciated
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

oddjob wrote: This is what the barrel looked like when i took it off.

And this was the piston.
They'll be allright just run the wire brush over them and whack them back in :D

Or you could get in touch with BDK they did my barrells and I was impressed with thier service and work.

Think you'll be better off with the second option,but those pistons will make a nice little conversation piece for the living room :)

I know a chap up here who brought my shock back from the dead,so they can be saved.
Good luck with the KR1 Oddjob
"Turned out nice again"
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

Post by KR1 Man »

KR1 Man calling to say looks like she's run out of oil. My best advice is: plating is the same, unable to help with the shock but (personal experience) would recommend BDK Race Engineering over all others. If you want racetrack quality at sensible prices then look no further They did a superb job for me (crank & 2 Barrels with the option of either KR1 or KR1-s), superbly packaged plus prompt despatch. I for one would advise use nobody else. Finally, they will want to borrow your new pistons for sizing purposes only. Hope this info is of use, best regards, KR1 Man.
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

They'll be allright just run the wire brush over them and whack them back in
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think a conversation piece in the living room is just about right for those pistons (god rest their souls!)

They also make nice ashtrays :wink:
oddjob

Oddjobs KR1 B2

Post by oddjob »

Thanks for the information, the barrel has been sent to B.D.K. and the shock is also being reconditioned. Today i cleaned the frame and came across a crack were the swinging arm bolts on. The crack has been welded and in places looks OK. After looking at the pictures should i get it re-welded :?: or is it OK 8-[
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

ide say that needs sorting,it would be quicker to bore out the frame and have a shoulderd boss tig`d in ,with some of the casting radiuses on the outside of the frame it wont notice that much that a repairs been done
oddjob

Post by oddjob »

I have had the frame re-welded at a local bike/engineering shop and they also checked to make sure it was straight. I have also rubbed it down and painted the frame and swing arm.
The wheels were black so they have been painted lime green.
The brakes were well seized and when i took them apart all the seals and pistons were knackered. I cleaned all the crap out of them and re-painted. I got the paint match from a place called Spectrum who match it if you take a sample into the shop. The two front discs are new as the originals were worn out.
Next is to get a small bank loan for the new seals and pistons 8-[
Si7
Smoker

Post by Si7 »

You've done a great job on the painting there, calipers look like new :!:
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

its starting to look good now colin. keep the rest to that standard and it
will be another b2 sorted :) =D>
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2