Oddjobs KR1 B2

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

If anyone has any tips for cleaning out the inside of the exhausts i would be grateful
I use an old drain cleaning spring (a DIY tool thats pretty near useless for clearing blocked drain/waste pipes but quite useful for cleaning exhausts) connected to a drill. Feed the spring in (best to do it from the engine end of the exhaust) attach it to the drill, then go mad but slowly.

Once you have the majority of the crud out, then its time for good old caustic soda. If you are using Kr1 pipes then block the outlet of the pipe & pour the evil/deadly soda mixture in (please be careful not to get this stuff on you or anything else you care about, it really is naughty stuff!) & leave for 24hrs or so.

Do NOT use caustic soda on aluminium (like Kr1s cans!) as it will knacker it.

Then carefully (after 24hrs) remove the bung (over a drain is good, two birds, one stone etc) & let the soda out.

Once the exhaust is dry again repeat the process (waste cleaning spring/caustic soda) until you are happy.

Hopefully one day, someone will invent a way of cleaning the inside of a 2 stroke exhaust without resorting to this method [-o<
oddjob

Post by oddjob »

It has been a while since my last post due to the computer going kaput, but i have been very busy working on the KR1. I have cleaned the exhausts and painted them with high temp paint.
The exhausts are badly corroded and are full of dints so i spent a lot of time filling the holes.
I fitted the exhausts, put gear oil in and filled the two stroke tank checked the water set up the portable fuel tank, after roughly six or seven kicks she sprang into life \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ i was well chuffed.
The brakes have all had new hoses and i filled them with dot4, the front brakes took for ever to clear all the air in the lines
Then i started on the fairing, the hardest part was to make a new piece to fit on the top right of the fairing were the screen and mirror fit. The rest of the fairings were cracked in a lot of places. I fiberglassed all the cracks on the inside and welded the outside. The next step was to sand it all down and fill any small holes and sand it again. I decided to paint it myself so bought the paint and set to. It turned out ok, as long as you dont get to close it looks O.K. Then i fitted all the fairings and panels.
My brother has been working on his KR1 at the same time as me, so he finished at the same time. His paintwork on the bike looks its best if you stand about 40 yards away :lol:
Since the photos were taken we took the bikes for the MOT and they sailed through so we taxed and ins them and have clocked up just over 300 miles. Its got to be the most involving and brilliant bike i have ever ridden. I have a big grin on my face when i am riding, i must look nuts :oops:
twostrokesmoker
Heavy Smoker

Post by twostrokesmoker »

Well done oddjob, another two saved & the same colour as mine, must get mine finished & possibly meet up as i only live about 20 miles from you \:D/ now that would be a rare sight THREE B2's in one place at the same time =D>
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

what are you waiting for
look at all that lawn you're
wasting time, having to mow
...BUILD MORE SHEDS
Bertie_Mollie
Premix Junkie

Post by Bertie_Mollie »

You should both be very proud. That is a great job :wink:
GWB KR1s C2 - Now gone :-(