Cadwell 28th Nov £65

Tell us where to meet you!
Matty21
Heavy Smoker

Cadwell 28th Nov £65

Post by Matty21 »

Il be there if anyone else can make it. Il be on the CB500 race bike. cant wait to try it out.

:lol:

"Im a welder therefore i dont feel cold" 8)
23, Racing a zx9r in Aintree race club.

Ex Kr1 owner.....one day again.
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Dont forget to take your snow chains Matty :mrgreen:
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
Matty21
Heavy Smoker

Post by Matty21 »

haha i will do, i was thinking wooden blocks though so if i do get a dry line they will wear down back to my rubber :twisted:

Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I'm done with track days for the year bud, but take some photos for us.
Matty21
Heavy Smoker

Post by Matty21 »

Will do Matey, really looking forward to it. Thundersport500 next year :twisted:

Matty21
Heavy Smoker

Post by Matty21 »

Anyone fancy a winter ride? :)

Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I have to be honest, I really wouldn't have fancied going round any circuit at this time of year in these conditions, especially Cadwell!

How did you get on?
Matty21
Heavy Smoker

Post by Matty21 »

Got cancelled buddy :(

So i decided to use the credit not for jan/february!

Fingers crossed its better! Too far away for a shake down test but oh well haha.

:P

Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I expect to be out toward the end of Feb early March to blow the Christmas cobwebs away!
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Booking Mallory for 2nd of jan,£39 bargain.
Hope the weathers a bit better than now,but if not :lol: willy warmer and long johntastic!
I'll be the one dressed like a black michelin man! :mrgreen:
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

Remember booking a donnington trackday a couple of years ago for january,weather was great(for that time of year),until a couple of days before when it started to snow!
Drove up from plymouth in the middle of the night in a rented iveco turbo daily that had a sticking throttle and 0 damping on the shocks(hit a bump on the m5 and it didnt stop pogoing for quite some time,Kept us amused!),got near donny about 4 am parked in layby for a couple of hrs kip not easy with 3 in the front,ended up getting in the back but was too cold.
Started snowing at dawn,didnt settle but was bloody freezing wind.
Had so many layers on that couldnt move about on the bike ended up riding round old skool style (i.e pre 70's!).
The northern guys were mental,warming bikes up at 8 am and walking round in short sleeves like it was spring!think i had a balaclava on.
The moral of the story,dont book for that time of year,i know its cheap but they wont be booked up so if the weather looks okayish just turn up and pay,wish i hadnt booked as i felt obliged to go,but looking back was pretty crazy.
Might be ok if you sleep in a nice warm bed the night before,dont recommend the van.
Dave
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

dave32 wrote:Remember booking a donnington trackday a couple of years ago for january,weather was great(for that time of year),until a couple of days before when it started to snow!
Drove up from plymouth in the middle of the night in a rented iveco turbo daily that had a sticking throttle and 0 damping on the shocks(hit a bump on the m5 and it didnt stop pogoing for quite some time,Kept us amused!),got near donny about 4 am parked in layby for a couple of hrs kip not easy with 3 in the front,ended up getting in the back but was too cold.
Started snowing at dawn,didnt settle but was bloody freezing wind.
Had so many layers on that couldnt move about on the bike ended up riding round old skool style (i.e pre 70's!).
The northern guys were mental,warming bikes up at 8 am and walking round in short sleeves like it was spring!think i had a balaclava on.
The moral of the story,dont book for that time of year,i know its cheap but they wont be booked up so if the weather looks okayish just turn up and pay,wish i hadnt booked as i felt obliged to go,but looking back was pretty crazy.
Might be ok if you sleep in a nice warm bed the night before,dont recommend the van.
Dave
:lol:
Will be in a nice warm bed the night before Dave.
Weather should'nt be too much of a problem,gonna do it on me trailie \:D/ before i put the big knobblies on.
Cannot wait to get it on a track,and it'll give me something to look forward to,rather than this load a $*^£ we call chrismas :roll: .
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

garye345 wrote: Hope the weathers a bit better than now,but if not :lol: willy warmer and long johntastic!
I'll be the one dressed like a black michelin man! :mrgreen:
Don't forget to post some nice pics afterwards :)
Matty21
Heavy Smoker

Post by Matty21 »

Gary why do you do this to me :(, i may just have to book into that trackday :twisted:

Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I think you're all nuts! :D