Hmm... maybe a bit of work needed...

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

:shock: Wow :shock: that's :shock: never :shock: the :shock: same :shock: bike :shock: :shock:
Can it yer old boiler
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

That is astonishing, superb effort
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Good job mate,motor looks like a piece of jewelery =D>
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

well if yours is anything to go by mine should turn out fine, check heres my project out we have had a few on here looking sorry for there selfs, the engine looks fantastic gives me inspiration but thats what i have imagined mine will look like fingers crossed, can't say any more than looks bloody superb and hope mine don't take 2.5 years to do, once again fantastic job can't wait to see the finished article cheers wayne.
Gonzohop
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gonzohop »

Hey - thanks for the great comments everyone. :D

She's 98% there now - just need a fork clamp for the steering damper and give it all a damn good polish again to bring it up but here's a couple of pics...

Took her for a spin today - beautiful! Regressed 20 years I did... MOT booked for tomorrow. :D

Only thing I'm not happy with is the front mudguard - a little off colour so that'll be next on the list...

When she's 100% I'll take some better pictures and post up a link to the online photo gallery.
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

That looks"TOP"that does fella! 8)
See what you mean about the mudguard,that's trivial though compaired to what you have already done! :shock:
You should be well proud of yerself =D>
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Front mudguards an easy fix.You must be chuffed,the bike looks great 8) well done =D>
Gonzohop
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gonzohop »

Well, I'd love to take all the credit but my friend Colin, aka KR1 Man on this forum, should take the main slaps on the back. It's been a long process of my leg work and wallet (now moth ridden) combined with his quite extraordinary knowledge of all things two-stroke, assembling skills and cleaning abilities! I owe him a rather large debt of gratitude for all his efforts plus a quick thank you to rockerted & Bertie_Mollie for supplying quite a few bits gracing the bike... :D
andy b
Heavy Smoker

top bloke

Post by andy b »

Thank goodnes for people like this, the kr"s will live on for ever and a day and not just disapear like most :) top job!
Gonzohop
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gonzohop »

Here's the gallery I've been building up. I'll keep adding as the bike gets close to completion...
Last edited by Gonzohop on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

richard if you pm me your address i have a green kr mudgaurd you can have must be a better match than the one you have.
ade.
on the pipe!!!
Gonzohop
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gonzohop »

PM'd! :D
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

Post by KR1 Man »

KR1 Man calling. Glad you all like her, the pleasure of raising this 'Phoenix from the Ashes' (pun intended) was all mine :D :D :D Enjoyed every minute of it from cleaning manky parts to engine building right through to giving the paintwork it's cut n final polish. Plans for 'KR2' are already well and truly underway, and including a Team Green KR1-s frame; (watch this space). Will be doing plenty of 'bits wanted' postings as time goes by. Estimated time of build about 12 months, and the first job could easily be building another engine just like number '000073' For KR1 Man, restoration projects are infinitley more satisfying than working nights for a well known freight company. God how I wish somebody would open up one of those 'Bike Restoration' places we read about in Classic Mechanics in the Poole/Bournemouth area, I'd jump ship without a second thought. Anyway, she is such a gorgeous bike, runs perfectly sounds great and REALLY DID fire up 1st time. Best regards, KR1 Man.
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

hi Richard mudgaurds on its way mate.
ade.
on the pipe!!!
Gonzohop
Heavy Smoker

Post by Gonzohop »

Thanks Ade - it will be fitted straight away and obligatory pic posted ofc... :D