Can you tell what it is yet?

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Can you tell what it is yet?

Post by Howie »

Ok, thought I had better move to the projects page as my Kr1 is more project than goer.

As you can see, it need some work yet! Engine is out being sorted, need one barrel plated poss. both depending on funds & I've finally decided that I may as well rebuild the bottom end with new seals etc.
Crank is fine. Once I have a running engine the cosmetics & running gear will be sorted.

I know its not original but I'm going to keep the colour scheme, just have it tidied up. Always loved the ZXR750 endurance look.

Like I say, hope this copying & pasting lark has worked?

Howie
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

i like the scheme :)
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Thanks SHimmer45,

The bike is a lot worse than it looks in the photo's. The paint is cracking with age. The plastics need repairs to almost every section. I was talking to Charles about the frame because I wanted to return it to silver (powder coat, not polished!) but Charles says it looks good with the black frame, so comments anyone?

All calipers require blasting & finishing bar the rear which is a Brembo (came with the bike!) & looks almost new.

Actually everything on the bike required some form of attention except the rear caliper!

Still its all good fun & winters here AND I've almost finished building my new garage :D

Howie
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

i agree i think the paint scheme will look great, you will get loads of help here on the forum howie, and we all need something to keep us out of trouble.
ade
on the pipe!!!
si.likes.guiness
Heavy Smoker

Post by si.likes.guiness »

the paint scheme is clay cross kawasaki colours from way back when my bro bought his first kr1s brand new from the shop
ive seen more tarts than mr kipling