gp look not long now

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Bertie_Mollie
Premix Junkie

Post by Bertie_Mollie »

Looking very sharp Ade :wink: .

I think the fairing works really well =D> .
GWB KR1s C2 - Now gone :-(
GWB KR1 - YES IT'S DONE!
ZXR400L PROJECT :shock:
AND NO S****Y H****A'S

Usque Ad Mortem Bibendum
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

cheers andrew
small update is the rs250 swingarm is in and operational i \:D/ .ll post a few technical ( who am i trying to kid) photos shortly.
ade.
on the pipe!!!
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

ok so heres the pics, the hole through the swingarm has been opened up and the origional bottom mount has been added to the rs arm so i can retain the existing geometry linkages etc.

appreciate some photos are a bit cramped theres not much room to get round the bike.
ade.
on the pipe!!!
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

looking good ade, how close does the swingarm bracing come to the shock resevoir on full compression?
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Ade forgive my ignorance but :? is the reason for fitting the RS swinging arm just cos its a braced item and will improve the ride.I ask cos as far as I can see you've kept the geometry the same as far as the shock mounts are concerned,but is there a difference in the swing arm pivot to the rear wheel spindle distance/angle.
It looks mint anyway
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

pablo wrote:Ade forgive my ignorance but :? is the reason for fitting the RS swinging arm just cos its a braced item and will improve the ride.I ask cos as far as I can see you've kept the geometry the same as far as the shock mounts are concerned,but is there a difference in the swing arm pivot to the rear wheel spindle distance/angle.
It looks mint anyway
I did the same with mine to keep the rising rate and geometry the same as satndard so it rides the as before. Reason for the change is most likely same as mine LOOKS 1000 TIMES better than standard one :D :D
Derby Phoenix MCC F600 Novice Champion 2006
2009 F1 British Championship Sidecar Passenger
5th 2011 British Championship F1 sidecar
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

pablo no diference just as phil says pure looks, thought it was the thing to do with the bodywork being as is. the resevoir will foul on full compression however it is to be sorted when the subframe is modded the same place will do both for me.
ade.
on the pipe!!!