here is my project

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Looking great, if thats the standard your setting yourself,it'll be well worth the effort.
"Turned out nice again"
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

thanks pablo its coming out like i imagined so far.
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

Hi all bit more progress and starting to look like a kr1 now, quick question does anyone know what way the fuse box bracket goes as some ive seen are either way, the reason for this question is which ever way it goes one defeats the other, hang the fuse box on one way and its hanging point is upside down but the frame support sits on top of frame, other way fuse box hangs rubber mount up frame support underneath, hope you know what i mean, any other comments on parts installed most welcome cheers for looking.

time is precious waste it wisely

ImageImage
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

The fuse box mount should be the other way. What have you used on the plastics they look like new.
"Turned out nice again"
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

i used to start with carplan black trim wax but on some parts still looked a little faded, so then i used Meguiars nxt generation ALL METAL POLYSH, spelt just like that, just polish on gently then allow to dry then polish off daniel son, then back to the black wax and they come out pretty good, didn't use the metal polish all the time mainly the trim wax will do the job (air box), but i also remember back in the school days making paper weights out of glued together perspex and to get the final finish we used good old standard T cut and the results were good to but i don't think you need to be heavy handed cheers.
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

Hi again pablo check out manual, 15b electrical system scroll to bottom page 14 of 14 then scroll up slightly check the fuse box bracket there, missed that photo before cheers.
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

hi all not much progress but coming along nicely, few upgrades bernie took all the yellow passivate off prefer silver polished look
ImageImageImage
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Very impressive!

Love that chrome powdercoat!

Maccas
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

cheers maccas, glad i did go for the chrome powder coat, just took me hrs and hrs just to do the yokes and bar clip ons, but all looks good together cheers wayne.
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

looking good still, is that the right way up for the rear numberplate light?? think I've put mine up the other way, as I've not seen one before.
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

your right there pablo, and yes the number plate light is up the right way if you look at the plastic lense it does say top on it, but yes easy mistake as i had to look wasn't sure which way until i spotted the top written there cheers wayne

http://images.cmsnl.com/img/partslists/ ... 0_50a9.gif
Bertie_Mollie
Premix Junkie

Post by Bertie_Mollie »

That is coming on really nicely :wink: .

If you manage to keep up that standard for the remainder of the bike it will be a cracker.

Cheers

Andrew
GWB KR1s C2 - Now gone :-(
GWB KR1 - YES IT'S DONE!
ZXR400L PROJECT :shock:
AND NO S****Y H****A'S

Usque Ad Mortem Bibendum
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

Hi Andrew, thanks for the comment, its a labour of love wish i had an open cheque book or then again might rush it a bit, also looking forward to see your KR1 develop over the next week,weeks, months but hopefully not to many years, cheers Wayne.
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

Hi all just been having a go at fairing repair its come out good but how strong it'll be is another matter, ive used some pop rivets just under 2mm drilled some holes and glued with mitre glue, hope this hold ok been giving it some flex and seems to be holding well, im hoping the rivets will be giving it the strengh noy to crack only time will tell.
ImageImage
ImageImage

and this is what i did for the side panels on main fairing, i melted a stainless steel washer into the holes therfore welding at the same time, the washer would no way stay in there as metal does weld to plastic so out with the mitre glue again all nice and strong and sealed in happy with that.

ImageImage
Last edited by tescr500 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Thats a b#### good idea with the rivets, I've been doing a load of plastic repairs myself lately, never thought of that, I will give it a go next time. =D>

I always totally fill the holes up, with repair abs, and then redrill later, (burn a hole with the soldering iron, then file out to the correct size) as I feel it makes it slightly stronger, as you're bonding a larger area.