DP Cadwell

Tell us where you are racing we might pop along and offer support!
mj43
Premix Junkie

DP Cadwell

Post by mj43 »

KR did well. Poor thing was held together with sticky tape and plaster - much unloved. Went to Cadwell with the engine out as it was knackered. As it turned out we couldn't use the replacement engine so old engine went back in. Bit of setting up Friday afternoon. Saturday a 1'39.05" lap 1/2 a second below the club lap record and faster than any proddy 250 has ever gone around Cadwell.
Not me riding - had a young gun on board :D

British 1000 Superstock rider Dan Hegarty. Dan started his racing career on a KR1S
Poor thing finally cried enough in the last race.
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

take it he liked the bike then mark =D>
ade.
on the pipe!!!
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Yes and no - said the forks were crap, he has Ohlins works internals on his Superstocker, and the rear spring was too soft (they are the forks off his KR).
Other than that had fun - absolutely awesome over the mountain. Full throttle didn't back off at all and had to fight the wheelies which were half the length of the straight to Hall bends.
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

Do you shut off then Mark?? Oh I'd stick to the slidey car :D :D
Derby Phoenix MCC F600 Novice Champion 2006
2009 F1 British Championship Sidecar Passenger
5th 2011 British Championship F1 sidecar
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

THE FLUTE wrote:Do you shut off then Mark?? Oh I'd stick to the slidey car :D :D
You young wippersnappers make me laugh, wait till your 49ish, it bloody hurts when you fall off, plus something usualy breaks when you do "bones etc", have to wear glasses to see where your going & they normaly mist up due to the sweat/fear :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Anyway i'm of to do a track day at Cadwell next monday the 3rd, & the only way i'm going over the mountain like that is with my eyes shut \:D/ :mrgreen:
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

THE FLUTE wrote:Do you shut off then Mark?? Oh I'd stick to the slidey car :D :D
No well not unless I do it subconsciously just don't carry anywhere near the same speed up the mountain.

Thanks for lending Dicko the R6 - kept his championship lead. Chris did well 3 wins - expect to see more.

are you doing Anglesey?
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Re: DP Cadwell

Post by the-elf »

mj43 wrote:KR did well. Poor thing was held together with sticky tape and plaster - much unloved. Went to Cadwell with the engine out as it was knackered. As it turned out we couldn't use the replacement engine so old engine went back in. Bit of setting up Friday afternoon. Saturday a 1'39.05" lap 1/2 a second below the club lap record and faster than any proddy 250 has ever gone around Cadwell.
Not me riding - had a young gun on board :D

British 1000 Superstock rider Dan Hegarty. Dan started his racing career on a KR1S
Poor thing finally cried enough in the last race.
How's Dan getting along? glad to see him reunited with a decent bike again :lol: and great to see a KR set a lap record around Cadwell again.

Have you got the parts you need sorted for the KR? I have a new(ish) standard crank you can borrow if you need it and I also have a good crank with KDX200 con rods that need new seals if that's of any use?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Cheers Kev

Should be alright - got 6 cranks at SEP and I have split RC45's old motor so have the crank out of that.

Should have Dan out again on the KR later in the season - possibly Cadwell and Donington. Worth going to watch cadwell just to see him go over the mountain :twisted:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

mj43 wrote: Should have Dan out again on the KR later in the season - possibly Cadwell and Donington. Worth going to watch cadwell just to see him go over the mountain :twisted:
I'm planning on going to the last meeting of the season at Cadwell. With any luck I will have escaped Kent by then :lol: Will probably only watch as I doubt its worth renewing the race license just for 1 meeting.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

Hi MJ, could you post a bigger version of that pic? The one above looks great on my desktop, but it's a bit on the small side (resolution too low)....

thanks!

Charles
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

mj43 wrote:
No well not unless I do it subconsciously just don't carry anywhere near the same speed up the mountain.

Thanks for lending Dicko the R6 - kept his championship lead. Chris did well 3 wins - expect to see more.

are you doing Anglesey?
No problem lending the R6 out its only an old shed He did well on it kept him in the championship!!
No not at Anglesea at a wedding Shame really Tim Anthill wanted a passenger!! You going on the 17th?
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

kwackman12 wrote:
You young wippersnappers make me laugh, wait till your 49ish, it bloody hurts when you fall off, plus something usualy breaks when you do "bones etc", have to wear glasses to see where your going & they normaly mist up due to the sweat/fear :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Anyway i'm of to do a track day at Cadwell next monday the 3rd, & the only way i'm going over the mountain like that is with my eyes shut \:D/ :mrgreen:
I wish I woudn't say 40 is a young wippersnapper!!! :( And yes I know stuff breaks did my wrist in one crash then hand ribs and some other bits in another!!!! :shock: :shock:
You want to try sitting were I am on this That will make your glasses steam up!!! :D :D :D

Last edited by THE FLUTE on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

Think I rolled off on this one Mark!! :shock:

mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Charles wrote:Hi MJ, could you post a bigger version of that pic? The one above looks great on my desktop, but it's a bit on the small side (resolution too low)....

thanks!

Charles
Charles

Have a look here http://www.photobikes.com/gallery/90531 ... 4295_86x3B
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

THE FLUTE wrote:Think I rolled off on this one Mark!! :shock:

Oops ..

Need to do a bit more sorting but might be out on my diesel at Cadwell :oops: