KR1S not starting at all?

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
TommoHawkeye
lurker

KR1S not starting at all?

Post by TommoHawkeye »

KR1S (1990) CONTEXT :

Was out on a fast run and suddenly it cut out and died. Plenty fuel, no leaks, Battery was hot and found it was badly needing topped up with fluid. Replaced with new battery, spark plugs were new/clean, fuses in fuse box were all ok (continuity), new battery seemed to be connecting to ignition (via key turn), NO SPARKS at spark plugs! Neutral light blown and also indicator lights blown.

I delivered it to a local garage and they have so far charged me £80 for only 1 hr looking at it! They told me: "We don't know what is wrong and why it won't start". I was shocked they had not sussed out a coil or CDi issue and had not even checked them! I have to decide what to do now.
* Take it back home and leave it to rot ?
* Get them to investigate further at my cost?
* Take it somewhere else that will be able to suss out what the hell needs done?

Any suggestions?
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Re: KR1S not starting at all?

Post by 500bernie »

Hi

It sounds like your regulator/rectifier has blown.
They fry the battery and can take out the CDI and Tacho when they go along with a load of bulbs.

Cheers
Bernie
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: KR1S not starting at all?

Post by JanBros »

500bernie wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:57 am Hi

It sounds like your regulator/rectifier has blown.
They fry the battery and can take out the CDI and Tacho when they go along with a load of bulbs.

Cheers
Bernie
yep. this is your problem.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !