Tandem Twin fairing options

The place to talk about your Tandem!
Cexley
Smoker

Tandem Twin fairing options

Post by Cexley »

Hi All. I was wondering if anyone out there has ever fitted a full fairing to their tandem twin for track days and/or alternatives to damaging the unavailable originals. I seem to recall seeing a JDM KR250 Tandem with a KR1 full fairing fitted on a track KR250A. Has anyone tried this mod, or know of a full fairing that is a relatively easy swap and retains the narrow lines of the original bike. Maybe the fairings off the later narrower V twin TZR, RGV & NSR 250’s?
KR250 Tandem - Love It
KR1 Project - Sold
XT600Z 3AJ Tenere Overlander
TZR250R 3MA Reverse Cylinder - Sold
TZR250R 3XV V-Twin - Road & Track
TDR250 - Road & Track
XTZ850 Super Ten Dakar Sonauto Rep - Sold
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Tandem Twin fairing options

Post by JanBros »

any fairing can be made to fit, it just depends on your skill's ;-)
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
James P
Oil Injector

Post by James P »

Cexley wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:01 pm Hi All. I was wondering if anyone out there has ever fitted a full fairing to their tandem twin for track days and/or alternatives to damaging the unavailable originals.
Forum member Pepsi fitted a top fairing from an FZR400: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12897&p=91925&hilit=fzr#p91925, which I thought looked great. Otherwise, look for a type which you like and is plentiful and affordable. If you don't mind making adaptor brackets etc., it is likely that most fairings from similar size bikes of the 1980s and 1990s would fit.

Let us know what you end up with!

Regards,
James
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Fairing and seat unit are both modified h***a RS250 :

Don't know what this one is :

As James said, you can make anything fit if you want it badly enough. Something slimmer would suit the tandem-twin best.
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
Cexley
Smoker

Post by Cexley »

Thanks for all the responses. Both those KR250’s look excellent with full fairings. Interestingly, they both have seriously modified rear suspension set ups. Have they scrapped the underslung shock and swing arm arrangements?

I’ve been looking at the original KR250/350 factory racer fairings and trying to look for a similar match. Early TZ125 racers had a similar pinched lower front where the front pipe routes, so I’ll track down some measurements off the TZ fairing to see if it would make a suitable donor. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks again.
KR250 Tandem - Love It
KR1 Project - Sold
XT600Z 3AJ Tenere Overlander
TZR250R 3MA Reverse Cylinder - Sold
TZR250R 3XV V-Twin - Road & Track
TDR250 - Road & Track
XTZ850 Super Ten Dakar Sonauto Rep - Sold