zxr 400 forks?

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
roy

Post by roy »

my 400h forks and yoke turned up today needs a new seal but cheaper than re chroming and they look good. having a problem (amongst others) :( with the swinging arm spindle some one suggested the bearings are seized to the spindle because it just wont come out! i have only one choice and that is to cut it out. has any one tried to fit the 1s wheel into the vj22 banana arm?
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

roy wrote:my 400h forks and yoke turned up today needs a new seal but cheaper than re chroming and they look good. having a problem (amongst others) :( with the swinging arm spindle some one suggested the bearings are seized to the spindle because it just wont come out! i have only one choice and that is to cut it out. has any one tried to fit the 1s wheel into the vj22 banana arm?
To be honest, I've not tried that one (yet) Only thing I can think of is vj22 uses a 20mm spindle, whereas kr rear is 17mm (think).

If i was going to the trouble of putting an rgv arm in, think I'd use the wheel as well, 17 iinch so better rubber choice, would also 'match' a zxr400 3 spoke so makes your front end swap easier as well.

If you stuck an r6 shock in you'd get the ride height back to stock(ish)

If you want the 1s spoke pattern, one thing that might work is a cbr400rr rear wheel, they run on a 20mm spindle, (admitedly it's a 6 spoke as opposed to 5, but looks similar) again 17 inch so better in that respect. Was looking at one yesterday, but decided against getting it cos I'd prefer a cbr250rr one for mine. It's quite wide across the hub, don't know if it'd go in a kr arm or rgv for that matter.
The last time Liverpool Fc won the league, George Michael was black and Michael Jackson was straight or visa versa, it's that long ago I get confused.
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

if you use a CBR400 wheel make sure its off a NC29 as the NC23 is a 18incher (as i recall)
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Been there with the swing arm spindle on my old KDX enduro bike. Get amate to hold the bike, get a length of slightly smaller dia steel bar and a big mallet. If its siezed then the spindle will most likly be knackered. An RGV swing arm spindle is a direct swap and its lighter as its hollow.

If your puting in an RGV swinger you need two 1mm thick IIRC, spacers on either side of the arm to space it to the frame width and two spacers to extend the width of the KR suspension nuckle so the dog bones can connect to the swing arm and two shorter dog bone linkages to get the ride height correct.

I used an RGV rear which will take a 160 17 wheel and the ZXR400 front wheel with a 120 17@ tyre. Both are 3 spoke and look good together.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk