My fastest bike

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
harryzx-12

My fastest bike

Post by harryzx-12 »

TurboBusa

It is still work in progres. I have a carbon fibre tank and side panel to fit. It has a turbonetics T-66 turbo,ams-1000 boost controller and lots of other stuff.

I'm waiting for the rest of my KR-1s to get here in my wifes household goods in a few weeks.Here's a pic of it

Darren
Oil Injector

Post by Darren »

Holy shit that looks deadly !!
what kind of top end speed will it have when finnished ?

Darren
harryzx-12

Post by harryzx-12 »

Way above 200 mph. It has 573.8 hp to the rear wheel. I just want to go over 200, so anything above 200mph and i will be happy.It has billett overdrive 5th and 6th gears,carillo rods, J&E forged turbo pistons,yoshimura cams,tts billet oil pump,billet fuel rails(for primary and secondary injectors),JMC 2"-8" upper &lower braced swingarm,billet sprocket cover/case saver,billet top triple clamp with clipons, Frame raked 3 degrees by Mcintosh. Some other stuff too.
I'm going to maxton NC this weekend to an ECTA (East Coast Timing Association) Meet. I will be riding my zx-12 as you have to get in qualifying passes in stages ,100-125mph,then 125-150,then 150-175,next is 175-200 and then you can go over 200 mph they give you an "A" liscence. I hope to make it to above 175 mph. My zx-12 is geared to run 183mph right now.It's a one mile distance from a standing start.
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Busa looks evil :twisted:

Quick question - what is a KR-1S worth over in the states?
I am toying with the idea of selling mine after the Bonneville record attempt. Saves me having to ship it back.
Also what are the legals involved with bringing a two stroke into the USA?
sprocket stu
Heavy Smoker

usa

Post by sprocket stu »

harry took most of his as hand luggage after we stripped it down and inserted it into his megane :shock:
harryzx-12

Post by harryzx-12 »

They did ask me at us customs what i had in my B-4 bag. I had two KR-1s expansion chambers and end cans with some clothes. The guy said they never saw anything like that on X-ray before. :lol:

I still can't believe the whole bike fit in my wifes renault megane!I'll be glad when the rest of the bike gets here so i can put it back together!
harryzx-12

Post by harryzx-12 »

KR-1 s in the states are hard to find. An excellent example would sell for $3000 +. I won't be liscencing mine as it will be a track bike only. There is a good track 45 minutes from my house

http://jenningsgp.com/
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

harryzx-12 wrote:I still can't believe the whole bike fit in my wifes renault megane!I'll be glad when the rest of the bike gets here so i can put it back together!
This would make a good thread - Biggest bike fitted into smallest car, I got an MZ 251 in the back of a golf just by dropping the forks! so can anyone better an MZ in a golf or a KR-1S in a megane?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
harryzx-12

Post by harryzx-12 »

Here's a pic of it packed in my wifes car:

Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

I got a Suzuki gt380 in the back of a hire car :lol: . Dropped it at my mates on the way up to Newcastle. A Rover 214 if i remember correctly.
harryzx-12

Post by harryzx-12 »

I had a gt-380 the first year they came out.I loved that bike.I had to sell it when i joined the airforce in 1972.
sprocket stu
Heavy Smoker

bike in car

Post by sprocket stu »

any one remember a gpz600 wreal low with a car wheel in the back that was in bsh about 7 or 8 years ago :oops:

no thought not well i picked that up in a sunny estate and it went in front to back :roll: :shock: :oops:
sprocket stu
Heavy Smoker

bubble wrap

Post by sprocket stu »

hey harry i got wrong at work for nicking all the bubble wrap any chance of posting it back or shall i come and collect :D
harryzx-12

Post by harryzx-12 »

I'm afraid you'll have to come and get it stu! :lol:
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

KX500 in a mini :shock: