Engine Rebuild

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
nickbee
Light Smoker

Engine Rebuild

Post by nickbee »

:D

Hi there, I am just in the process of stripping/rebuilding my Kr1s engine, can anybody tell me where the best place is to get the follow parts from:

Pistons kits
Full engine gasket Set

Also as i bought this bike as a non runner i want to get the crank looked at and change the seals and bearings, can any body advise somebody to do that, was told by another member BDK engineering do this kind of thing.

Any tips would be great.

Thanks

Nick.
mark220475
lurker

Post by mark220475 »

hello m8 one person i will not be using again is Graham File Tuning i sent my crank there about 4 weeks ago! and still waiting for it to be rebuilt. when i phoned him and got to speak to him it sounds like he has not even started it yet :(
so next time! i will stay with the tryed and tested good old boy, Roy Simmons Engineering =D>
Yatsushiro
Smoker

Post by Yatsushiro »

The race season is almost upon us, so I guess all the 2 stroke 'names' (such as Graham File, Stan Stephens etc) are absolutely inundated/overwhelmed with work.

If it's good, it's worth waiting for...
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

PJ Engineering supply pistons and gaskets.
not sure if they still do crank work, but there rebores/lining services are top notch. well recommended

worth checking out PJ Engineering
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

zpower will get you sorted with bits.
for tuning i read that mick abbey is setting up again.
viewtopic.php?t=2557
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Emailed Paul at PJ he isn't doing KR cranks :(
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

yup pj engineering..but ive just got a husky wr250 barrel back from gibsons...n cant fault it...it was totally fubar but for 120..its like a new barrel....gotta give em praise...top job..(though i was a little slow in pickin it up...)...dal :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

mj43 wrote:Emailed Paul at PJ he isn't doing KR cranks :(
damn as there work is SPOT on
perhaps they have had far too much aggro down to incorrect assembly and them being blamed for it ](*,)
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
nickbee
Light Smoker

Post by nickbee »

:D

Thanks for all your info, will look into the pepole you suggested and one's not to go for.

Nick.
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

tuners such as graham file are known for there ''slower turnaround' but as its the start of a ew season of racing this is hardly a suprise. one of the countrys top 2 stroke men, you know it will be right when it finally arrives. they say, the longer an engineer takes, the more skilled they are. thats what the bloke said after i complained to him that he had some bits for 18mths and hadnt made a start on them!!!!lol, only joking but there is a saying along them lines. bdk are also v.good as is stan,sep kegworth, mick abbey for tuning etc etc. always send bit like cranks/barrels early, for eg i have a spare crank that seems good but needs checking(will get rebuilt as anyway) and i donmt need it yet, probably wont for another season or two but in the next month or 2 will send it off anyway, that way im not stuck. one of my motors has a sep crank, i hear these are very good aswell.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

BDK or Stan Stephens are very good for doing cranks etc. Z power can get you all the genuine parts you need. Also full gasket sets can often be found on Evil Bay.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
fevsisere
Heavy Smoker

Post by fevsisere »

Grampian in Kirkby still rebuild kr cranks.