Bridgestone fitting?

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
Matty21
Heavy Smoker

Bridgestone fitting?

Post by Matty21 »

Will a BT90

150/60-18 fit my 1989 KR1 rear wheel?

as i will have better rubber for track if it does.

Thank you?
23, Racing a zx9r in Aintree race club.

Ex Kr1 owner.....one day again.
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

I think fitting a 150 on a KR-1 rim will be a mistake , on an S rim will be OK .
A 140 with a 110 front will give you a good balanced combination with the standard ride height .
Generally a larger section rear will slow the steering .
I am no expert but the 140 r and 110 f on KR-1 rims is enough . You won't out ride the rear , more likely push the front and I think that is more an issue with the standard forks .

Happy to be corrected :D
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

the kid wrote:I think fitting a 150 on a KR-1 rim will be a mistake , on an S rim will be OK .
A 140 with a 110 front will give you a good balanced combination with the standard ride height .
Generally a larger section rear will slow the steering .
I am no expert but the 140 r and 110 f on KR-1 rims is enough . You won't out ride the rear , more likely push the front and I think that is more an issue with the standard forks .

Happy to be corrected :D
Sounds spot on to me! A 150 on a KR-1 rim will be too pinched, best bet will be dunlop GPR alphas in 140/60 rear 110/70 front.
CHeers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
Matty21
Heavy Smoker

Post by Matty21 »

Fair enough cheers lads, il just buy a BT92 rear, as i already have one on the front and once i worn them down, il get dunlops.

Are the bt92's ok for starting on track as a novice?

Thanks

any info on them for track use would be great, and how long will it take to scrub a rear tyre in?

Thanks again
23, Racing a zx9r in Aintree race club.

Ex Kr1 owner.....one day again.
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

have no experience with BT92s , but scrubbing a tyre in will only take a couple of laps of even a short circuit .
As a novice you should be taking a warm up lap reasonably quietly (as per your ability , dont worry about any tosser/heros racing past you)
By the time you get a bit familiar with the way the track goes ,, corners , bumps , entry and exit lines , 3 or 4 laps the tyres should be scrubbed enough and warmed up enough to push on a bit more .
First time on a track is for you to learn a bit , not break any records .
Don't worry about any one behind you , concentrate on where you are going and what line you take .
Don't know how they run things over there , but should have some sort of grading system for skill levels and sometimes they have an expert to lead around track newbies to show them the way .
If you still have mirrors and a speedo , tape them up so you are not tempted to look at them .
Smooth is Fast :twisted:
All I need is to get Smooth :lol: Hope that helps