aprilia forks

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
jester

aprilia forks

Post by jester »

hi im sure someone has asked this question befor so please forgive me an point me in the right direction
i would like to fit a set of aprilia rs 250 forks to my kr1s is ther any mods i have to do to make them fit
cheers mark
British Championship F2 sidecar racing &
I.O.M TT
no fear my arse
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

I'm sure it will have been done by someone at some stage, but to my knowledge I don't think anyone has stuck any details up on here (or its predecessor).

At a guess I'd say it'll be a stem swap, but then again it may just bolt in! I've absolutely no knowledge of the rs steering stem. Most other USD front ends require a stem swap (RGV, ZXR400 etc). Anyone know offhand the length and diameter of the rs stem?.

If you're going down the route of sticking in the swing arm as well, I think you may find it's not quite as easy due to the shape of the cut out for the shocker, but I have a plan regarding this that I'm working on at the moment. Dunno if it'll work yet so keeping schtum till I know :mrgreen:
jester

Post by jester »

yes red devil i am going to use the aprillia swinging arm too when i get it next week we can share ideas hopefully 8)
British Championship F2 sidecar racing &
I.O.M TT
no fear my arse