My Latest Project....................

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

even if it was a pile of crap (which it doesn't look to be) you
still got a bargain , and you'd easily get your money back if you had to
break it

good luck with it

taking your test in 1990 - you must be a youngster :lol:
Smokings Good For You
LotusSevenMan
Heavy Smoker

Post by LotusSevenMan »

taking your test in 1990 - you must be a youngster
Ummm. I took and passed mine first time in.............................1977 on a GT250M Ram Air Suzuki! :shock:
If it ain't broke; fix it 'till it is!

KR1 250 twin 1989 vintage
H*nda FireStorm 996cc 'V' twin
Royal Enfield 500cc single
Ducati Stealth 748 'L' twin (748 but with a 916 engine in place instead!!!)
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

Post by KR1 Man »

KR1 Man calling, ahhh those were the days, pre 125 law 250s on L plates, GT/RD/KH and possibly a Benelli 250 2C! KR1 Man was completley away from bikes from 1994 to 2003. Bought an 8000mile 350YPVS then spent £400 on a DAS to be able to ride it. Expensive way to go, but with that carrot dangled under one's nose, it's a good incentive not to fail. Best regards, KR1 Man.
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

LotusSevenMan wrote:
taking your test in 1990 - you must be a youngster
Ummm. I took and passed mine first time in.............................1977 on a GT250M Ram Air Suzuki! :shock:

Dear me, Im a real youngster then.... 1993 i think \:D/

Nate
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

mgtkr1 wrote:lol, you know what i mean!!! cough cough co...NSR...ugh cough co...forum....ugh
I'm not the only one thats noticed this then :-#
IanMack

Post by IanMack »

Its arrived!!!! Its not TOO bad, well the fact i only paid £350 for it its bloody excellent :D I am not an expert on two strokes but the top end is noisy which gets a bit louder as it warms up, the rear brake is missing a pad :-k the front fork seals are shot, the seat is ripped and the front calipers look like they are weeping fluid. BUT the body work looks pretty good (a few cracks and scrapes) everything works on the electrics, new front tyre clutch and clutch cable and its fitted with DEP end cans. So what should i do???? Make good and use it or strip it down and rebuild it???? Can you still get caliper seal kits???

Oh, just checked my licence (original paper one!!!) passed my test 24/09/91 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-s
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

The fork and caliper seals are still available. Do you know when the top end had its last rebuild? If it was ages ago or never then I would do that as well as the seals. The power valves sometimes rattle and that could be the cause of the noise if not then a to end will cost about £200 and its a job you can do yourselve in a few hours.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

All seals available here:

http://shop.wemoto.com/index.dyn?oid=1914425

Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Welcome Ian had my KR approx 2 months & done a trackday at snetterton you will enjoy it! where abouts in berkshire are you?
Gary
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
IanMack

Post by IanMack »

Thanks again for the advice =D> .Unfortunatly the previous owner did nt know when the top end was last rebuilt so looks like like i ll be spending more time in the garage #-o I ve ordered the fork seals, but looks like fireblade brake calipers will fit and i have a spare recon pair in the garage \:D/ Ill contact my local Kwack dealer and get the top end rebuild kit.
Hi Gary =;
I am north of the lovely Hamlet of Slough!! Soon as i get this done ill join you for a track day!!! Whats your bike like with the 300cc conversion??? I had a B1 ZX12 last year oh my God that bike was quick :twisted:

Cheers

Ian
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

wecome ian, glad its a decent bike for 200 quid. i would give it a full engine rebuild, quite expensive but once its done and you've ridden it at track-pace you will not regret it one bit. probably feel quicker than the zx12 down to its revvy nature and swift handling. the tz pistons are a good idea on a track bike if you can get them, saying that though theres nowt wrong with replacement std one these days. , there more reliable than the horror stories suggest. its bound to of had a rebuild at some point given the milaege anyway so i would'nt worry about the rattle, there quite noisy at the best of times!! good oil will pay dividends in engine life. welcome to the ''eventfull'' word of kr-ism!!