My Racing Kr1

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
ballistic

My Racing Kr1

Post by ballistic »

This is a racing KR1 that me and my mate Kenny race. I have had it since 1996. Its was the Team Green bike prepared by Stan Stephens for John Reynolds when he won the ss400 british championship. I think it was in 1991.

Image[/img]

here it is on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOZ2XyBrtME
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

If its ex-team green would it not be a KR1R? :shock:
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

yeah!!!!!........... post the numbers...
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

Got to be an R hasn't it? surely team green wouldnt race a standard S?
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

has he found the grail...?????

wanna flog it????..... :D :D :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

looks like a KR1 (pre S) - going by frame and wheels
Smokings Good For You
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

did you post this topic in response to my query about were the kr1 jr raced may be? was'nt expecting any leads let alone pics! have you had it in the dyno? is it still on the same spec as when jr raced it? think stans kr's gave about 66hp in them day's. well impressed that there's a prolific kr still live and kickin! more info a possibility?
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

john renyolds definitly raced a kr1 in the ninety's not a 1r, have a pic of him on said bike in action, did anyone see pb feature on kr1s few years ago? that bike was tuned by stan stevens and was a rocketship. rob frost raced a kr1r for jack machin ( see team sparrow). think kr1r was as popular then as it is now!
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

KR1 according to Stans website

Nice vid, sounds well :lol:
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

thats the one (pic i was on about). looks like it still has same pipes! btw, what club/class do you bcompete? bet it causes quite a stir!
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

The bike ws purchased directly from stan in 1993 by my friend who sold me his ss 250lc that i raced in 1994/5. In 1996 he left the country to live abroad for a bit and he asked me if I wanted to race it, it had been standing since 93, it had had a hard life (frame and mounts were pretty bashed up) but had a super quick lump, so I took it to a dyno (Bob Farnhams when he was in Hildenborough) and with pump fuel it made 63 hp at the wheel (still got sheet ). I was happy at that and the raised eyebrows at the dyno room proved that for me, so I located a second race kr1 as a donor bike and made one out of two with that engine! Ran it alongside my lc in 96 for a bit then due to money dropped he lc and concentrated on the kr1. In 97 I purchased a RGV back wheel with the conversion from Paul at the kr1 owners club and fitted kr 364's which shaved up to a second per lap! Best results were in 98, with bemsee in the ss400, had top four results at Oulton, Lydden and a 3rd at Brands(old Graham Hill bend) , it was going round Lydden at just about 46 sec dead and Brands in the low 53's (I was now useing 100%av). Entered it in the ACU round in October 98, running well in the top 10 (knocking on the dor of a 52) then highsided at clearways, broken collar bone, and a whack on the head (will post picks soon) Then I defected to the dark side (rrsp) until 2000.
I'm racing this Sunday at Brands :shock: after 7 years. will let yopu know how it goes.
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Thats Cool, nice to see a bit of history with the bike, there wont be many here who know the histiry of there own bike!!!!

If brands goes well and yer up for it, why not come up to cadwell on the 26th July? (see trackdays) wed love to see it go and there will be a few others up there too..

Best of luck for brands !!!! 8)
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

Do you know if this bike was raced by Stuart Ryder? (Ex Stan Stephens rider). I know Stuart raced an ex Team Green bike, not sure if it JR raced it though.
At the time, the bike was kit spec with kit alternator, rad, pipes, ignition and CR gearbox (and possibly carbs).

My Bob Farnham KR1S was putting out 64 break and this thing was significantly faster.
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

OK, I've spoken to Ken and when he brought it there had been two Team Green bikes, and Ryder does ring a bell because he had the num 1 bike a couple of days before Ken brought our one, he can remember the conversation with Stan! Our bike is running standard box, kit alternator, SS fly wheel, modded air box. The num1 bike your friend had had the full kit so prob had a few more hp and the box makes a big difference in the higher gears.
Unfortunately the engine from before was killed when the water drain plug came loose at a wet mallory with a new rider on it. If I enjoy Brands I will look into tuning it again. Will let you know what happens Sunday. Running in the F400 num 33 with Derby Pheonix and then with NG at Brands 16/17th hopefully.
Cheers :D
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

is the ex jr motor the one that went pop? if so then thats a shame. are you now running a std'ish motor?when the time is right for you i'd definitly look at rebuilding the jr motor even if you just use cases and have stan or graham file tune you some barrels. stan used to get nova to make closer 2/3rd gears i think so your bike could well be equipped with these, also do you have the kit alternator still? unobtainible these days.