Gold Frame

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Re: Gold Frame

Post by KR-1R »

Maybe the perpetraitor of the gold frame had the ZX6 in mind - a couple of years back when the bronze components on some engine covers and suspension components was new and fashionable - mimiced the anodised/magnesium look

If any of you saw American Restoration when they restored the Bantam yard tractor and how sh1t the orange body with copper/gold motor looked - sometimes the sh1t image you have in you head is just as bad in reality.

the extent of my limited polishing experience is wet and dry - wet paper down to 1200
the Autosol creme and a soft rag by hand

Ive seen stuff on the net where the 'buffing compound' is several forms of clay bar/blocks

keep the silver painted frame - it will be far more peaceful to live with
TheDarkAvenger
Light Smoker

Re: Gold Frame

Post by TheDarkAvenger »

KR-1R wrote:Maybe the perpetraitor of the gold frame had the ZX6 in mind - a couple of years back when the bronze components on some engine covers and suspension components was new and fashionable - mimiced the anodised/magnesium look

If any of you saw American Restoration when they restored the Bantam yard tractor and how sh1t the orange body with copper/gold motor looked - sometimes the sh1t image you have in you head is just as bad in reality.

the extent of my limited polishing experience is wet and dry - wet paper down to 1200
the Autosol creme and a soft rag by hand

Ive seen stuff on the net where the 'buffing compound' is several forms of clay bar/blocks

keep the silver painted frame - it will be far more peaceful to live with
I'm quite happy with it now its not gold!! :)