Hello together and my first question: experienceJL Exhausts?

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
KR-1S

Hello together and my first question: experienceJL Exhausts?

Post by KR-1S »

Hello all together :D .I've got a KR-1S and i come from Germany.There are no Informations about the Kawasaki two strokers because she was not official saled here in germany,so now I'm here.Now my question.Anybody knows something about the jl exhausts or other exhausts for the KR-1S?More power possible?How much ps more???Much better than the original??Excuse my bad english,please.
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Hi and wellcome..

The 1s exhausts are very good, there is a few exhaust systems out there but alot of them arnt as good as the originals, JL i understand have some very good ones and are as good as the originals.. of course there very light. If you do a search on the forum youll find some info on the exhaust test.

more power is possiable but it seems that most here flow heads/barrels and even cases to get the extra power i dont thing there is any bolt on power for the KR.

Cheers
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

The JL are new to the market but they are supposed to be quite good giving a bit of a boost at the middle to top end and are a lot lighter then standard. I'm waiting to see if someone posts a back to back dyno test so we can actually see the difference.

Other brands availalbe are Gibsons which give a mid range boost but kill the top end and any over rev and Nikkons which are very close to the originals in profromance but a lot lighter.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

welcome to the forum

i am pretty confident your english is better than our german :) and
better than some of ours :?
Smokings Good For You
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

I think ralfk is german, and janbros is belgian they would probably be able to help.
try sending a pm.
from what i've read jl's are as good as standard exhausts but a lot lighter.
if your thinking of buying have a look here
http://www.thetuningworks.com/shop/
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

i personally think it's not so much about trying to get more power from a set of pipes but were they make the best power/tourque according to how you prefer the way the engine produces power. on a std engine you'd be lucky to find a set of pipes with the overall performance to better the std design. the best gain is the superlight weight of pipes such as nikons/jl/gibson/ etc. when buying pipes i would look at some that are as close as possible in terms of powercurve. on my race bike(tuned) i have nikons, but i believe these are pretty close to std in terms of design ie very good, but weigh about a 1/3rd!! the gibsons sound intresting although completely diffrent as i hear these boost power by about 5hp but stop revvin quite early on. in regards to the jl pipes ive heard nothing but good words about them, the carbon cans look pretty trick. on tuned engines you can choose pipes to work in conjuction with the spec of the motor therefore getting the best out of it.
KR-1S

Post by KR-1S »

Thank you very much for the good answers! :D
nickb.
Smoker

Post by nickb. »

My german must be getting better, as I can read you post's no problem!!!!!! I'd say the KR cans are as good as it gets, and from what these guys have said, I'd stick with them.
Hi and welcome...... :lol:
This week I've mainly been in the garage!!!!