Not the KR but mad project all the same!

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Thrillsnotspills

Not the KR but mad project all the same!

Post by Thrillsnotspills »

Well guys, just taken ownership of this beast!

Now before you all laugh too hard I'm sure you've seen the cafe'd versions of these it's a BMW r100rs by the way!

So the plan is get rid of the sidecar that's on strip the bike down tune the motor cafe the bike and fit a classic style racing platform sidecar to it!

Anyway removed the coffin tonight

Stay tuned for more progress!

Oh and if you know anyone who wants any BMW parts there is going to be allot up for sale shortly!
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Not the KR but mad project all the same!

Post by JanBros »

You realise this is a Kwasaki KR forum and not a BMW or sidecar forum ?

nice try, Teerex ? ...
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
Thrillsnotspills

We'll I used to own a kr1 a good few years ago and have just bought another one so there will be a KR project starting very soon! Like next week so I'll be sharing the progress!

But I guess if no ones interested in other stuff then I'll go back to lurking!

I've been enjoying the forum so far and have noticed others posting other interesting projects

Thanks for the warm welcome
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

paint the chair red and stick it on your KR - world first?

Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

All seems sensible to me :)

At least he 'has' a KR .. Perhaps would have been better to show that first but hey.. It keeps the site active :wink:
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
Thrillsnotspills

Thanks for the kind words! I have actually tried to post a topic about my KR project but it's gone AWOL! I'll get round to adding it again soon.

On another note it clearly states the subject in the title maybe don't click on it if your single minded!

We could all get on our high horse and say your butchering a KR by putting a sv engine in it! A standard sv would probably be a much better option they handle mint!

But good effort! Looks like it's taken some doing!
Thrillsnotspills

KR-1R wrote:paint the chair red and stick it on your KR - world first?

Haha can you imagine the stick I'd get on here for that fuel act!!

I race in the British historic racing club with a BMW outfit so that's where the sidecar obsession came from!

Can you believe someone has actually paid good money for the sidecar already!?

Here's a shot of us in action

KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

better not throw a rod when your heads tucked inside the bubble

... just reminds me there was a home made sidecar outfit powered by KR-1 - used to race at Wanganui
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

[theres a real sub culture bobbing and cafe modding old air heads. And as a previous owner of a R100RS ive got to approve. Look at this example

http://www.bikeexif.com/bmw-cafe-racer-2

Steve

They look really tastyquote="Thrillsnotspills"]Well guys, just taken ownership of this beast!

Now before you all laugh too hard I'm sure you've seen the cafe'd versions of these it's a BMW r100rs by the way!

So the plan is get rid of the sidecar that's on strip the bike down tune the motor cafe the bike and fit a classic style racing platform sidecar to it!

Anyway removed the coffin tonight

Stay tuned for more progress!

Oh and if you know anyone who wants any BMW parts there is going to be allot up for sale shortly![/quote]
Thrillsnotspills

Well update on the sidecar stakes, just got back from darley moor we won all four races so that's a bonus!!!

Managed to find a chassis and sold the old coffin sidecar on the road going r100, not had too much time to eBay all the other gear yet.

But we've managed to come across some leading link forks and small wheels, which are essential for a decent handling outfit!
Thrillsnotspills

KR-1R wrote:better not throw a rod when your heads tucked inside the bubble

... just reminds me there was a home made sidecar outfit powered by KR-1 - used to race at Wanganui
I must admit that thought did cross my mind while hammering down the three long straights at darley moor :shock: