open power valves

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
zxtrevr

open power valves

Post by zxtrevr »

On a recent track day wrecking I lost the linkages off the left side, so for the next session i disconnected the cables and wired both full open, next session she went really well, seemed to pull much better from around 5000rpm, now would it be ok to keep her like this as it is a track day bike.
I'm sure she could do with a top end rebuild too pretty soon, where's the best place for pistons, rings, gaskets etc
FLAT OUT !!!!!!
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

It wont hurt the engine but it wont help the mid range.

KR's seem to have a habit of lossing parts of the power valve linkages which is a real PITA as the pullies are NLA. I got some titianium allen bolts which I thread locked in place in stead of the standard ones. Cost a fortune and they last a bit longer before falling out :cry: :lol: :lol:. OK 1 fell out and got lost and that must have been down to me not thread locking it right ( I hope :D ).

For a top end rebuild try Z power, plus you can get a discount on the parts as a member of this site (see chit chat section)
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk