Re-assembly. What order please?

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Re-assembly. What order please?

Post by Bikemike »

I know this is going to sound like a daft question, but what is the best order to re-assemble a completely stripped down KR-1s?
I'm calling on the wisdom of the KR massive to hopefully save me a bit of time. Having done this on a few cars I know you will a some stage find you need to fit piece w, only to find you need to take off x,y and z to do it #-o
So far, I have a bare frame with engine and carbs fitted. The wiring loom will need to go on soon, but should I fit the rear mudguard? (To house cdi etc) Or forks and yokes? (so I can fit switchgear) Or Instruments?
Any advice gratefully received,
Cheers,
Mike
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Mike
I would get the bike rolling,
Yokes,forks and wheel and the same with the rear end, shock/swing arm and wheel then the wiring loom.

When its a rolling chassis it will make it alot easyer to fit parts. :)
Ernest borgnine.

Best film, The Vikings
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Do you know what Mike, I've never really thought about it :oops:

The only real stumbling block I can think of at the moment is the airbox as these can be a pig to fit if you have already fitted items such as the rear mudguard etc. I would get it in asap!

Other than that, I like to have a rolling bike complete with subframes/bars etc before I start to install looms or other such items.

Best advice I can give you is to take your time, make sure things like wellnuts are in place & torque as you go! Follow cable/pipe routing as per the manual & make sure you have an ample supply of your favourite poison to hand :lol:

Ooh, almost forgot, make sure you are familiar with nuts/bolts that either require threadlock or copper grease etc
There's nothin' worse than a blabber-mouth cat
teerex
Oil Injector

Post by teerex »

I did mine in this order:

Swingarm, engine, forks, rear wheel, front wheel, but thats because i was waiting for bits and bobs and just wanted to make progress.

But i would say the best way is: rolling chassis then pick the teeny weeny ikle engine up in one hand and shove the bolts in wiyh the ova. :lol:

Then sit looking at it with a whisky making ring a ding ding noises, OR IS THAT JUST ME! :lol:
It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Then sit looking at it with a whisky making ring a ding ding noises, OR IS THAT JUST ME!
Just you Ian............ :lol:

Nah, only joking, apart from the whisky & the ring ding ding type noises, I do exactly the same :-k

Erm........ so no, just you Ian :lol:
teerex
Oil Injector

Post by teerex »

:lol: Just looking on Dickhe-d bay now a ring a ding dingers the voices are saying buy buy and i keep say no no noooooooooooo :lol:
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

~~~~~~~~give in to the voices Ian~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~give in to the voices Ian~~~~~~~~~~~~~
teerex
Oil Injector

Post by teerex »

Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

You don't want to listen to the voices in your head Ian.

They're leading you astray, you need to listen to the voices that say, don't buy 50cc motorbikes, sorry.........

~~~~~~don't buy 50cc motorbikes~~~~~~~

~~~~~~one day people will realise they were crap then & they're still crap now, apart from the AR50, which is Kawasaki, so therefore not just a poxy moped~~~~~~~~~

Ahem........nah, only joking, go on buy it (the cheaper one of the two that is)
teerex
Oil Injector

Post by teerex »

Yeah im watching the RD50 but a guy with noooooo feedback has been upping the bid so i sent the seller an email saying be wary of 0 feedback bidders! guess what no ore bids from the 0 feed back man.

Me thinks he is bidding on his own bike naughty naughty.
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

Hi i find the easy way to fit air box and carbs is do them both at the sam time, i tilt carbs up just resting in manifolds i'll take some photo's later as i'm going to have a fire up today, want to adjust carbs, right then make sure battery out and air box is completely loose, rest intakes on air box rubbers then push airbox down keeping an eye on everything going into place, should just all slot in job done, and yes it is that easy, i know you have to move battery but for no hasstle fitting airbox its worth it, believe me try getting your carbs in with box bolted in, i'll try the photo's soon cheers tescr500.

Hi follow links in order

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88lHm0lz4jQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l50C_CO5WBM
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY