Vintage two stroke

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

leave the brakes as they are. In fact leave the hole bike as it is, it's too nice to "tune" it :wink:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

I think I agree with JanBros on this one :?
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

JanBros wrote:leave the brakes as they are. In fact leave the hole bike as it is, it's too nice to "tune" it :wink:
I am Jan, definately I am. I was just wondering if there were maybe modern brake shoes with a more efficient linning

The chap who rebuilt it has gone to some expense sourcing OEM parts, and I want to keep it as near original as possible. There are a few fasteners here and there that are a bit agricultural, but it even has pan head bolts in the engine cases. I need to find some 'No 7' bolts for the Handle bar clamps, fork yolks etc. The swinging arm bushes aren't right there is a bit of slop there, but that can be easily fixed. The hardest thing I'm finding is getting hold of the rubbers that pushed into the cooling fins on the barrel and head.
"Turned out nice again"
dmac
Heavy Smoker

Post by dmac »

Hi Pablo,

Nice 185 you had. Thought you lads might like to see my one!

I have just nearly finished a full resto, It has been a three year affair, as funds allowed.

This was my first road bike, had it for 17 years now. there a tough little bike :lol:

Just got the paintwork back a couple of weeks ago.

Has a bigger 250 tank as it was all I could get.

Very rare to find anything on the net for them now.

That PE looks great too 8)
I used to be undecided, but now I am not so sure.
teerex
Oil Injector

Post by teerex »

Thats bloody stunning i always liked the TS,ER. A restoration to be proud of mate. =D>
It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
dmac
Heavy Smoker

Post by dmac »

Cheers Teerex, I saw Gary Haythorns ts250 in CMM and thought bugger - my one will look crap compared to that, so had to up my game :lol:

Looked through your KR1 build too -- top class 8)

Sorry for the temporary hijack Pablo, Just thought the suzuki trialies should stick together. :)
I used to be undecided, but now I am not so sure.
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

dmac wrote:

Sorry for the temporary hijack Pablo, Just thought the suzuki trialies should stick together. :)
Hijack all ya like my friend with posts like that. Your 185 is fabulous, and has taken me back 30 odd yrs. That is a quality restoration. they never had the following that the DT had, but your right about them being a tough little bike. The engine was indistructable, and cos it had nice smooth, mellow power it would grip were more power would have you spinning up. I would love another one but were do you stop.

I can remember riding my 185 to work at 5.30 in the morning, in the snow, when there wasn't another vehicle on the road.

Well done dmac. I love it.
"Turned out nice again"
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

I remember when old crosssers were kind of throwaway field bikes you could pick up for next to nothing, but they're now fetching really good money. I saw a tatty IT465 sell on ebay for £2k - wish I had kept mine (although it probably would have killed me by now)
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

scooble wrote:I remember when old crosssers were kind of throwaway field bikes you could pick up for next to nothing, but they're now fetching really good money. I saw a tatty IT465 sell on ebay for £2k - wish I had kept mine (although it probably would have killed me by now)
A 465 Scooble :shock: they were a handfull. A friend of mine broke his leg and took out 50yds of the rec ground fence on one back in the day.

There was a restored 490 on ebay, it went for canny money.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120959802813? ... 1438.l2649
"Turned out nice again"
TwoStroke Institute
Oil Injector

Re: Vintage two stroke

Post by TwoStroke Institute »

pablo wrote:I've been looking for an air cooled twinshock enduro for awhile now, and I had a restoration in mind, but I found this impossible to resist.

That's a truely fine example there Pablo. Are you in with all the PE nutters? Fabrice from France, Bob from the UK? I'll PM you a email address from a fellow here who seems to be the world wide co ordinator for all things PE related.
crochet & croquet
pablo
Premix Junkie

Re: Vintage two stroke

Post by pablo »

[/quote]

That's a truely fine example there Pablo. Are you in with all the PE nutters? Fabrice from France, Bob from the UK? I'll PM you a email address from a fellow here who seems to be the world wide co ordinator for all things PE related.[/quote]

Please do. I've found info difficult to comeby. I had someone here the other day to look at the KR1S, but he spent more time drooling over the PE. :?
"Turned out nice again"