Back after a cpl of years - Here is my bike life

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
iain250
Heavy Smoker

Back after a cpl of years - Here is my bike life

Post by iain250 »

Hello folks havent been on for a long while - great to see a lot of the old faces still about -managed to find a few old pics thought you lot might like them

all the best
iain

My first bike god i loved her - pretty sure i still do.
First and only bike i bought new took her everywhere - thought i was world class enduro rider on her - i wasnt! as my collar bone can explain.
What can i say gorgeous built this one winter - this pic was me going to work 12 miles away - i got stopped by the snow and was able to get of the bike and leave it standing vertical.
My xj turned it into one of the first streetfighters - put a nitros system on her - Dont ever do this. - ever.
Got this as a bailer from the states - another winter with no knuckles - now in a private collection - His loss - a wonderful machine to ride.
My 40th present to myself - i sold her when i looked down at the speedo one ride and saw 155 a stunning bike that made you a far better rider than you are - The best motorcycle ever - Period.
No dodgy comments please - this is my wife and daughter - This crazy little bike would rev to 15000 sounded like a formula 1 engine.
Now to the nitty- gritty - this needs no explanation - 400hrs to build and running on gibson cans one of the best motorcycle noises ever.

Hope you enjoyed that - nice to be back for a while
iain.
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Hi Iain, thanks for sharing those pics. Great looking back isn't it!
I've had loads bikes and kick myself nowadays for not taking more pictures and keeping them..

.. Something bikes and birds have in common for me then #-o

PS - Lovely KR - the li'l Gibsons look well pretty too :D
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Hi Iain
8) kr,

Every ones had a 916,998, etc apart from me :( one day i will have one, when the kids have left home \:D/

My first bike was a Yamaha xs250 special, (chopper style) :)
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Is the fzr a 400 or the 250 that revved to 18.000?
Nice bikes and some lovely ladies in the house,your a lucky chap!
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
iain250
Heavy Smoker

Post by iain250 »

garye345 wrote:Is the fzr a 400 or the 250 that revved to 18.000?
Nice bikes and some lovely ladies in the house,your a lucky chap!
it was the 400 exup crazy engine did nothing till about 8k then you were off great on the open road if you kept her spinning

what a racket tho
iain250
Heavy Smoker

Post by iain250 »

375 wrote:Hi Iain
8) kr,

Every ones had a 916,998, etc apart from me :( one day i will have one, when the kids have left home \:D/

My first bike was a Yamaha xs250 special, (chopper style) :)
if you can dont bother with the later dukes - it has to be the 916 im no rich git by the way im the same kids etc i sold everything i had to get her and dont regret it at all - one of the few bikes you can own and sell for more than you bought - just remember a sorted 916 is way way better than you are.

mmm time to start the kr methinks although its still winter up here and was snowing llike crazy today

iain.
teerex
Oil Injector

Post by teerex »

Great bike's Iain,
I love looking at old photo's because it instantly takes you back to the good old days when the world wasnt quite so f;,ked up.
It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

teerex wrote: I love looking at old photo's because it instantly takes you back to the good old days when the world wasnt quite so f;,ked up.
Here here on that one.

Welcome back Iain and as has been said great photos. I lost a lot of mine along with the first wife.

No loss in the second instance tho :wink:
"Turned out nice again"
iain250
Heavy Smoker

Post by iain250 »

Just as a footnote to this - anybody working on or planning restoring these bikes - should listen to you lot - from Germans making unobtainable bits to men in sheds aquablasting - its all here - id have been lost before i started ps started her up today what a bloody racket - great fun.