stolen, rebirthed, or watda???

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
KRXR

stolen, rebirthed, or watda???

Post by KRXR »

eh KR cuzys, after reading the post about chasis nos. and yr of manufactuer. i checked my numbers. and are stumped as my nos. do not match what was posted, as far as i know the bike was australia new. the frame is definately kr1-250 as its the same as my 1st kr1(1989). but the rego sticker says 1985 kr250. eng- kr250AE011280, chasis-kr250A011377. im halfway thru fitting a 99 xr600 engine, it will be my bread n milk runner while my licence loser(gsxr1000) will be confined to the track. if n e 1 can help with me numbers. id be a happy kwaka cheers
heavy modification
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I saw that post and was very confused by the "A" in the number.

Can you give us some photos please?
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Those numbers belong to a KR250 Tandem Twin mate. They're a totally different animal to the KR1 (I happen to have both models). Seems like someones done a shifty to get away with riding it on their restricted licence as KR1's (as well as RGV's NSR's and RS250's) are banned, under the LAMS scheme in Vic at least.
Do the numbers on the bike all match what the rego label says?
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Does sound well dodgy
KRXR

watda

Post by KRXR »

the nos do match the rego sticker, its a victoria rego, tandem twin??? i have orderd a heap of new parts from my local kwaka dealer quoting- 89 kr1 250 and all parts have been right. photos...umm, still trying to work that out may have to enrole in a computer class lol. i had a good look at the chasis no and it looks original . stumped!
heavy modification
KRXR

watda

Post by KRXR »

oh we,ll on further inspection of chasis no, i reckon scott is right, the number has been filed down restamped and beutifully textured to look like the original sand cast texture. well done LAMS rider. the engine no. sits below flush, as if been machined down below the original no. is n e 1 elses sit below flush or flush. they went to a lot of trouble to do it, ie remove engine fined a dodgy machinist restamp and refit engine. i hope it was worth it, ie he did get pulled up by the fuss and they were fooled. me... i wouldnt have stoped, just left them to smell the castrol R.
heavy modification
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

There's also the risk that it's a stolen bike, hence the dodgy numbers from a wreck. You could be in a lot of bother if you get a knowlegable inspector when it comes time to rego it, or if you get pulled up by a copper that knows his stuff. Also, any insurence you get on that bike wont be worth the paper the policy is written on. I'd get hold of another frame personally (got one here if you can't find one local), and keep the bodged one for track use only.
KR1 Red/White
KRXR

watda

Post by KRXR »

cheers for the advise but no can do cobber, shes been modified to accept a xr600 and wont be cutting up another chasis, its been rego'd by last onwer so il run with it. letting the fuss believe the numbers. it fooled me so it'll stump them im sure, how much u want for that chasis n e ways. will eventually build another to original. do you have a spare top fairing?
heavy modification
KRXR

watda

Post by KRXR »

p.s. your not a coppa are you scott
heavy modification
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Re: watda

Post by ScottaKR »

KRXR wrote:p.s. your not a coppa are you scott
Heck no mate.
Got no spare top fairings either.
As for the frame, I was thinking we could work out a trade for your old engine, but if your building another then youll probably want to keep it.
KR1 Red/White
KRXR

watda

Post by KRXR »

hi scott what would your plans be for the engine if you sold the frame? what would you pay for an engine. last owner said its had a fresh rebuild but i cant be sure after checking the no's. i rode it up the street when it arrived, took a bit of kicking to get the fuel up then ran sweet. then pullled it from the frame.
heavy modification
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Re: watda

Post by ScottaKR »

KRXR wrote:hi scott what would your plans be for the engine if you sold the frame?
I got more frames than engines atm. :oops:
If I don't include the KR1 that's currently complete (just a dead stator) then there's 3 KR1 and 2 KR1S frames. :-$
I need to get a garden shed so I can make room in the garage to actually work on any of them. :roll:
KR1 Red/White
KRXR

watda

Post by KRXR »

hi scott il need to hang on to that engine until i get mine on the road, just in case i get n e grief from the fuss. your 1st option. there is a kr1 on trademe.com.nz auc no 428077316
heavy modification