My 2 kr1s's

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
john-b
Oil Injector

My 2 kr1s's

Post by john-b »

Im not posting a pic because neither of them are ever in one piece long enough but i didnt want to be called a lurker :lol:
Last edited by john-b on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

Actually here is a rare one when they were both in one piece but there is a bsa in the way although thats broken at the mo too :roll:

I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

is that a C15?
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

It looks more like an A65 but i'm no expert on British bikes.

The Kr's look great in that pic John.
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

no its the one after its a 69 starfire still a 250 though i spent a load of time and effort over last winter and thought it was sorted apart from painting the tank, the wheels and perhaps an exhaust then i rebuilt the top end and 70 miles later the crank went, most reliable is my not in pic 1949 BSA b31 to be honest followed by the dare i say it 2ma :oops: im hoping nothing will fall of the KR this time. I rebuilt it crank the whole lot then about 400 miles later it was ticking over and it started rattling piston ring had let go. Green and white one i built about 5 years ago with a zxr400 front end and rgv rear wheel, sold it then bought back again this year, thats in one piece again now though apart from the fairing with a flowed bottom end so fingers crossed. Black and green one is down to a frame, i wasnt happy with the way the paint came out anyway so i thought sod it when the engine had to come out. Actually i could do a post in projects i suppose but i cant see much point
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

I like the 2ma's, must add one to my collection [-o< *

Come on John, get the black & green one in the projects section. Its amazing how a bit of back up from the forum helps to keep the will to complete the project going 8)

*My collection currently consists of.........

1989 Kr1 on the road
1979 Ke175 original rebuild project
1982 Z400 cafe racer/hybrid project
1991 Kr1s project
1982 AE50 restoration/project
1983 Kc100 possible full restoration
1981 Yamaha Dt125 track day project
And a modern Yam to keep me mobile :lol:

I will finish them all one day unless Mrs Howie wants any more additions to her precious house extension :evil:
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I agree with howie, get some pics up of it stripped in the project section.