TT 2011

Tell us where to meet you!
Gordi
Heavy Smoker

TT 2011

Post by Gordi »

What about filling the deck of the IoM ferry with 2-stroke smoke for the first time in 30 years? Already 5 of us booked on 02/06 at 1915 from Liverpool including Charles and Dirk from Germany on their KR1s, 2 mates on TZRs and me on the Yamasaki.
Toe350

Post by Toe350 »

Hi Gordi, I will be sailing on the 03.15 boat from Liverpool 2nd June. Should have my KR1S finished by then, but go on one of my strokers every year. Will be camping up by Hilberry corner, so will contact you nearer the time about hooking up & going for a blast? Tony.
WightWizard
Heavy Smoker

TT 2011

Post by WightWizard »

I'll be at the 2011 TT too.

Cheers,

Darren - WightWizard.
Last edited by WightWizard on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gordi
Heavy Smoker

TT2011

Post by Gordi »

Hi Darren, thanks for the message and the offer. Union Mills isn't a bad place to be and the Railway is a cracking little pub! We hope to be staying in a house in Peel if they haven't sold it since last year but the offer is much appreciated. Didn't know there was a campsite at Union Mills.
Anyway, we'll try and meet up over there (you too, Tony) and talk two-strokes over a beer!
WightWizard
Heavy Smoker

TT 2011

Post by WightWizard »

Hi Gordi,

I look forward to meeting up with you & the others. I've PM'ed you my contact details.

Happy New Year.

Regards,

Darren - WightWizard.
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

I have to say I'm extremely jealous :mrgreen:

You fellas will have a great time.The IOM is great.

In 08 I was lucky enough to get to the TT and The Manx.I went to the TT on the VFR,but took the van and trail bikes for the Manx.Which was an opportunity to combine some trail riding with classic racing.We stayed at the Falcons nest in Port Erin and the Kawasaki triples club were there too.When they sparked up on a morning you could hardly see down the road :D Some very nice Triples :)

Gordi I reckon your Yamasaki will get quite a bit of attention in Peel.
"Turned out nice again"
Gordi
Heavy Smoker

TT2011

Post by Gordi »

hey Pablo, gotta get there yet! Probably cost more than a small 3rd world country's total budget to get it there. And that's just petrol.
But I'll give it a go. Take a better rider than me to take it to the max. though!!!
Will seriously try and get the thing on youTube very soon.
Cheers, Gordi
WightWizard
Heavy Smoker

TT 2011

Post by WightWizard »

:-)
Last edited by WightWizard on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toe350

Post by Toe350 »

Gordi & Wightwizard, I have p.m'd you with my moby no. give me a bell when over there for a meet. Toe.
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Hav'nt heard owt back from the IOM :?

Hope they hav'nt all fell out 8-[
"Turned out nice again"
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

pablo wrote:Hav'nt heard owt back from the IOM :?

Hope they hav'nt all fell out 8-[
Must have :? It's a bit quiet, what do you think could've happened :-k
"Turned out nice again"
Toe350

Post by Toe350 »

Quite simple for me. Wednesdays racing was postponed due to bad weather and run on Thursday instead - the day of the meet. Ginger hall is on the inside of the course, so once there (roads close at 10.00) you are stuck for the day until the roads open again. I watch from the outside of the course & ride the back roads to view from different corners (Creg, Hilberry, Signpost, governors bridge, start/ finish, top & bottom of Bray hill, Ago's leap, Quarterbridge etc.) I didn't want to get stuck on inside of course & didn't have guys phone no.s. No worries though -next years tickets are booked, so we can re arrange!
WightWizard
Heavy Smoker

TT 2011

Post by WightWizard »

Hi Guys,

My apologies for not meeting up at the TT. The TT didn't go according to plan for me; my CR500 conked out 3 times (hadn't missed a beat all year before & hasn't missed a beat since!) and so I spent 3 evenings at various vantage points that I didn't choose!

Yep a TT to remember in many ways.

I loved the racing & the atmosphere, already booked for next year! Will be at the campsite just past Union Mills again (forgot it's name, senior moment...).

Would love to meet up with some of you guys.

Cheers,

Darren - WightWizard.
If I hold it a millisecond longer I'll get it back, ground, sky, ground, sky, ground.....