Stop and steer ;-)

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Tambo
Heavy Smoker

Stop and steer ;-)

Post by Tambo »

Hi folks, I know it's not a kr, but it is green and makes me smile 8)

Ditched the old 'flexible' telescopic front forks and really shocking twin leading show drum for a 'bitza' leading link front end.
Crash damaged ural tubes with new bracketery etc, cb550 front wheel, z600 disc, gpz900 caliper ( :shock: ) and gpz750 master cylinder.

Lots of cutting, grinding, filing, and nights on the lathe to get all together.

Big thanks to Pablo and Howie for sourcing stoppers =D>

Cheers,

Tommy

ps - I know it's hard to believe, but bits of kr1 are starting to find their way back into my shed :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kr1s c3, vfr750fg, Dnepr MT11, Pegaso 650
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

That front end looks bent to me a well :lol:

Certainly different to ride I would imagine?
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Tremendous Tommy =D>
I hope there's enough of the summer left for you to get a few miles in. I can see that loaded up with the camping gear.
"Turned out nice again"
Tambo
Heavy Smoker

Post by Tambo »

pablo wrote: I hope there's enough of the summer left for you to get a few miles in. I can see that loaded up with the camping gear.
Me too !! It's had the engine and gearbox completely re-built in the spring, then had to make up the new front end, as I could make the wheel touch the mudguard when cornering with the old forks :shock: :shock:

The brake works great 8) . Still better to use the back more because of the yaw induced by the weight of the sidecar, but I can pull up quite smartly when needed. 40mph feels quite fast when you're trying to stop 350kg (plus me :wink: ) from slamming into the side of the blind :shock: 8)
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Tambo,Cooltastic mate 8) .
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Tambo,

Great job, the old girl is looking good =D>
Does this mean you will be resuming work on the Red&Grey now?

Cheers,
Bernie :D
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
Tambo
Heavy Smoker

Post by Tambo »

500bernie wrote:Does this mean you will be resuming work on the Red&Grey now?
:mrgreen: parts were retreived from the attic last night and put in the freshly tidied and clean shed 8) 8)
Just checked the docs - bought it in 2005 !! :oops: :oops: As I saw elsewhere (think it was yourself actually) - a winter restoration has become many winters................... :roll:

The quality of restoration on here has gone on to another level, so there's a chance of mine still looking as rough as when I got it :lol: :lol:

Tommy
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Tambo,

I know what you mean, the bar is certainly being raised in relation to the standard of finish that the guys are achieving in their restorations.
I have had quite a few rethinks about what I want to achieve and I am sure I will have a few more before she is back on the road :roll:

tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

great job done there, my uncle Dennis had a sidecar, my ole man said he had many a laugh watching uncle Den and auntie Vi (now thats got a black and white ring to it) riding their motorbike and side car, Dad and Mum used to follow them on a triumph tiger cub, what a crack that must have been, but great job.

Your dead right there mine is going another winter the 3rd one, and berinie your spot on there with the quality time and effort going into these restorations now, they are a labour of love for sure, and re thinks thats a laugh yeah like it don't like it yeah like it don't like it if you know what i mean.
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

Hi Wayne,

I am begining to think that I either should have been a politician or a female, judging by the number of times I have made a decision....spent the cash, changed my mind........done a U turn, convinced myself I had it right this time......only to do it all again ](*,)

Part of the fun [-(

tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

yeah i zinc plated my bolts several times b4 i could make my mind up between yellow passivate or just shiny silver, but yeah we all know the feeling there but keeps us happy though
No Matter How Messy Things Get You Can Always Clean Them Up.
MY MAMMA TOLD ME, IF YOU AIN'T GOT ANY PROBLEMS DON'T MAKE ONE.
TIME IS PRECIOUS WASTE IT WISELY
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Couldn't agree more Bernie,

My Kr1s has had about 3 different fairings now & I'm thinking "bugger it, lets put a Kr1s fairing on it" :roll:

I think I might do a really crap job on the kr1s so we can all breathe easier about our restorations :-k :lol:

I tell you what Tommy that bike is crying out for a automatic machine gun mounted to it, then you shouldn't have to worry about the brakes :twisted:
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

=D> =D> =D>