My race bike

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Re: project

Post by Luders »

micricco wrote:great looking bike,dis you have much problem with fairing?especially catching the exhausts at all? cheers mick
No problems with any fouling, but I have lowered my clip-ons 25mm from the standard position.

I did this for two reasons, 1. they would have fouled the fairing in the way I positioned it and 2. I needed them lower as they suit my riding better in the lower position.

The biggest challenge was making up the mountings, which on the scheme of things was a very small problem.

I should be racing at Stars at Darley this year if you want to take a look at it first hand.
micricco
Smoker

project

Post by micricco »

might just do that if am not working.its good to see different bodywork on the kr,i got an idea to fit either tsr,rsw or pedrosa style fairing as am currently modifying my bike ie forks wheels,swingarm,bodywork,brakes.but if i get chance will try and have a peek
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I should also be there for the Saturday practise, but if you want any specific information about fitting, or photos, just let me know, I'm in the garage most nights. I'm also swapping the engines in the next few days, so will have all the fairing off if you want any taking of the mounting brackets without the fairing attached.

One thing I will say is the TSR is narrower than the KR-1S, so the RGV radiator is a bit on the tight side, but I am pleased with my decision to go with that fairing.
micricco
Smoker

project

Post by micricco »

thanks whereabouts in leics are you?
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

South, just off junction 20 (Lutterworth)
micricco
Smoker

project

Post by micricco »

ooh too far away am near spondon at derby
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

8 weeks the bike will be up your way, so take a look then