Pipe Fitment

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
sacko
Heavy Smoker

Pipe Fitment

Post by sacko »

Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction on my pipes. I bought a set off ebay cans were duff but the pipes looked good so I sprayed them up. I also got a bracket because before I didn't have one. I fitted the expansion chambers to the barrels and lined up the brackets but couldn't get the cans on!! They fowl on the rear pegs so loosened everything up put the cans on and when all bolted up the hole on the pipe bracket is just below the bike bracket :cry:

They dont look bent and seem the same as the ones I had on before but has anyone else got any advice :?:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Are you putting S pipes on a KR1 by any chance?
sacko
Heavy Smoker

Post by sacko »

No its an S I notice the brackets for the cans mean the can is directly under the peg mounting I think it should be further out shouldn't it
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Any pictures? It would give us an idea.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I connect the spannies to the bracket at the bottom of the bike near the shock linkage then raise the front up and fit them to the engine and they always fit fine. As I use short cans I have never used the rear mounts that come down from the rear footpegs.
Darren
Oil Injector

Post by Darren »

I have the same problem still head scratching :?

Darren
I'll just get me coat !
sacko
Heavy Smoker

Post by sacko »

I will try and get some pictures sorted for tomorrow but I think the pipes must be bent. I can line up the bracket and the head fine but then the pipes are so high they fowl on the rear mount for the pegs
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Maybe they aren't standard pipes???
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I have spome standard ones which have been cut and raised at the rear and then rewelded sounds like they are simular to yours?
Darren
Oil Injector

Post by Darren »

My pipes came with the bike and look standard still a mystery but I haven't been near the bike for a few weeks now due to work commitments :(
I will post update after another try of fitting again.

Darren
I'll just get me coat !
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

the-elf wrote:Are you putting S pipes on a KR1 by any chance?
Am planning to do this myself as from what I have read here it seems like the way to go . What is required to make S pipes fit on my KR1 ?
Any suggestions as to the best cans to put on ?
Thanks
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

the kr1s has a mounting bracket at bottom of the shock but you can just leave it off if you aint got one (they are nla now anyway) and simply bolt the pipes up front and back.
have a look at the silencers sean has got over at the tunning works.
cliff was the first to get a set and reported that they were very good and fitted straight on.