Start of my first Project

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Willie Eckerslike

Start of my first Project

Post by Willie Eckerslike »

Looking at doing my first hybrid, using a 350ypvs been collecting the bits and pieces for the last few months and have now finally got all that I need.

Been on the phone to Mr Kimber and it is booked in for December to have it installed into a frame that is away being shot blasted.

Ducati summat or other forks,with Brembo Brake calipers KR1s every thing else apart from ZX9R disks.

A freind of mine has just closed a business making 'fast and furious' style cars and whilst I was helping him clean out the last bits and bobs from his unit he gave me a load of carbon fibre wrap and some 3M carbon fibre sticky laminate stuff so going to try to cover the tank, panels and Bikini fairing with this.

Has anyone done a KR1s conversion before. I have looked on the net but can not find any photos.

All the best

Willie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Never Stand in the middle of a Three Way Street
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

HI, and welcome to the forum. The KR1S with YPVS engine conversion has been done before, although it isn't very common. How serious is the engine going to be?
Also, I'm not sure if it's an optical illusion or not, but in the last pic it looks like the forks are closer together at the bottom than at the top.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

didn't someone post a PB article on here with RGV front and rear, YPVS engine in a green and white KR1.

always wanted to do this conversion myself with a bonkers banshee engine, would make quite a scary superbike humbling weapon
symtec23
Light Smoker

kr1 rz350

Post by symtec23 »

There is a kr1-rz350 article in the ar let me think, thats right, the articles section lol. Hope this is helpfull.

I have been toying with the idea for a while now also, thinking of getting a tss 500 motor made up.