SATT 2010 Discussion and Picture Thread

Tell us where to meet you!
sambdk
Smoker

SATT 2010 Discussion and Picture Thread

Post by sambdk »

Well, firstly I would like to apologies for the meal deal not going ahead, it was completely out of my hands. I hope the refund and lunch voucher made up for it.

Anyway, I hope you all had a great day, I did, was good to meet so many of you. I still have a T-shirt left over for William Mckie who I couldn't find so if you read this, PM me your address and I will post it to you.

I didn't get a chance to take any pictures really and the new camera I had ordered didn't turn up in time. Here's a couple anyway...

Beautiful weather all day (although started raining when I left)

A gaggle of two strokes in the collecting area raring to get out on track...

The selection of bikes James from BDK bought up including the VJ23/500 that we managed to cobble together in time. Was the first time it has been ridden other than on the dyno, few little things that need sorting out but it went and handled beautifully.

While I'm at it I would like to thank all the Cadwell staff, Jason Kluger from MSV for being a top bloke and helping us sort this all out and Ash for doing a sterling job with the T-shirts. Most importantly I would like to thank all that came, without you guys the day wouldn't happen. Hopefully we can make it bigger and better next year!
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

Was a top day with No red flags great weather and the whiff of 2 stroke oil. Awesome Thanks for organising it :D :D
Derby Phoenix MCC F600 Novice Champion 2006
2009 F1 British Championship Sidecar Passenger
5th 2011 British Championship F1 sidecar
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

here's some pics i took - sorry not very sharp focus

Smokings Good For You
THE FLUTE
Heavy Smoker

Post by THE FLUTE »

:D :D third one down is me on the little RS125 what a top chuckle that was had it flat going into hall bends managed a 1.52 on it not bad for 30 bhp and stock set up!! :D :D
Derby Phoenix MCC F600 Novice Champion 2006
2009 F1 British Championship Sidecar Passenger
5th 2011 British Championship F1 sidecar
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

THE FLUTE wrote::D :D third one down is me on the little RS125 what a top chuckle that was had it flat going into hall bends managed a 1.52 on it not bad for 30 bhp and stock set up!! :D :D
the pic of you on the rs looks really great!

and mr_B still got the yellow tank on his bike :)
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

THE FLUTE wrote::D :D third one down is me on the little RS125 what a top chuckle that was had it flat going into hall bends managed a 1.52 on it not bad for 30 bhp and stock set up!! :D :D
Was bored - waiting for my barrel so finally started on your motor Phil.
Give me a buzz some time as need to sort out barrels...
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Garry wrote:here's some pics i took - sorry not very sharp focus

Nice but with stock body work now unobtainable why risk trashing it on the track ?

For track days I run stock but it is trashed - I wouldn't dare run my good bodywork.....
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

My family & I only turned up to watch. We were camping in boston (Pilgrims way, top camp site, family run, brilliant) & we came back up for the track day.

Fantastic, count me in for next year. Admittedly we only spent about four hours or so at cadwell but 10 mins was enough to convince me that next year I will attend again, only with a bike next time :D

Some of the machinery present was top class, who was the guy on the Yam with the Kenny Roberts leathers? Brilliant. And the Rg500 that was circulating, wow. Not to mention the Rs250's out there ( :mrgreen: )

Nice to see Gary again, sorry we didn't hang about for a chat mate, but even at 40 years old, I still get exited about watching bikes & tracks I've never been to :oops:

I may dump all other projects & start work on a track day bike just for next year :twisted:

Many thanks Sambdk, for putting the day on. My little girl thoroughly enjoyed watching the bikes circulating, especially the 'green' ones, they're her favourites(can't imagine why :wink: )

Hopefully (if you put the day on again next year), we'll be there in force next time!
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Twas a Great Day Out :!: :D
Nice to put a few more names to faces.
250s are rather nippy round those there corners,did'nt hold too many up though.Never got lapped :) would have if the Flute was in my group though :shock: That is some braking point at park bend Phil =D>
Fantastic day out ,even on a dirty four.Will be back on a 2 stroke for next time though.
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.