SATT 2010 Booking Details!!!

Tell us where to meet you!
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

the-elf wrote: Nope they have pulled the thread out of the barrel when they failed so I can't re-helicoil them :(
so they pulled an already helicoiled thread ?

you can always go one size up in Helicoil (to M10) and than have made some studs with on one side M10 and the other M8, saves you from binning the barrels.

if you don't like this idea, I'll give you my address and I'll "bin" them for you :mrgreen:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

the-elf wrote:Ummm not looking good, got a spark and the engine fires up but two helicoils in the LHS on the freshly replated barrels have failed. Which results in a lose head #-o ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) which wont hold water.

Time to look at some replacement cylinders I think. So as it 17:30 and I'm out of gaskets, patience and good will I'll just have to concead defeat.
Thought this rang a bell! Have a look at the last photo viewtopic.php?t=3478&postdays=0&postord ... s&start=60 Elf if you would like to let the "thread doctor" have a go post them to me & I will take them to his house or you can post them direct
Gary
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

sounds a good idea. Either get studs fitted or go for another thread repair.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

the-elf wrote:sounds a good idea. Either get studs fitted or go for another thread repair.
I'd do both personally. At least then you can be sure you wont have the same problem again.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)