Does my arse look big in this?

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
salty
Heavy Smoker

Does my arse look big in this?

Post by salty »

Finally got the ZXR400L forks in - look great have some GSXR600K1 calipers to go on - bit worried about the rear end RGV250VJ22 with an R6 shock - it seems very high

Its grown 3 inches since yesterday (yeah..if only...) question is - is it too high? have I got to play with the suspension linkages to lower it or will it be OK?

Salty
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

the angle in the top pick of the swingarm does look very steep. Are you using tie rods connected to the orignal RGV swingarm position, or have you had a new tie rod housing welded to the bottom of the swingarm?
I had a new tie rod block welded to mine (in the same relative position as the original KR), The Elf I think uses the original RGV Tie rod connection.

Those pipes look different, what are they?
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

I to have an RGV swing and R6 shock.

I used a ZZR600 knuckel (or FZR400 1WG, not sure) and slightly shortened rods.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
salty
Heavy Smoker

Post by salty »

The pipes are (I'm told) Nikons cut and rewelded at a higher level, they weigh nothing and sound great - unfortunately they are too close to the rearsets and I have a set of Raask rearsets that won't fit at all.

I think welding a block onto the RGV swing arm is the best bet - using the RGV mount puts the tie rods so far apart at the bottom they foul the exhausts. Are you using the standard KR1-S linkage as well?

Salty
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

I am using a fabricated tie rod bearing block, 6mm shorter tie rods and KR kinkage with a modified R6 shock. Could do with a little more ride height though as I am also decking the footrests.
salty
Heavy Smoker

Front End in and working

Post by salty »

This modifying stuff is slow work - front end finished, ZXR400L forks & front wheel (needs a repaint but get it working first) calipers are GSXR600 K1 seem to work ok - but this is the easy end - Can't find the time to sort the RGV250VJ22 rear end with R6 shock so will revert to standard KR1-S rear end with a Hagon shock - track day end of the month at Cadwell - massively not ready!

Salty