Mick Abbey tuned barrels and engine case pics

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
KR1S91

Mick Abbey tuned barrels and engine case pics

Post by KR1S91 »

Hi all, I'd just like to post up a pic of some work Mick has done on my barrels and engine cases before i start rebuilding my engine. Basically i asked Mick to do a fast road tune and flow the cases/ inlets, matching cases to barrels. The results look top draw and i'm really looking forward to getting this bike back together to try them out! He say's he's tuned them for desent drive with alot of top end, rebuilding the engine i'm also looking to purchase Lomas/ Abbey pipes, V-Force 3 reeds and zeeltronic ignition to complement the tune. The prices were very reasonable to:

Fast road tune on barrels (including powervalve mods): £150
Flow and smooth cases/ inlets: £40.00

I found Mick a really friendly bloke to talk to, offering endless advise on setup, etc, he's also said when it's on the road, if i'm not sure about anything regards setup, get in contact and he'll give me some advise.

Opinions welcome, let us know what u think.

Cheers

Scott

headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

He did my Powervalve engine and it made nearly 60BHP (59.5 BHP !!!) and that was with a standard head and timing.
Very neat work too :wink:
Can it yer old boiler
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

thats a pretty good price - I have seen neater flowed cases, but I am sure it does the job well.
250 drummie
Heavy Smoker

Post by 250 drummie »

John Candy doesnt look too impressed in the backround :?
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Looks a pretty good job of it, but a little suprised he didn't clean them after doing the work on them. I wouldn't expect him to aqua blast them or anything, but I would've thought he'd give them a wash to clean all the remains of the alloy (see 2nd last pic) removed when porting/flowing. :-k
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

yeah but at that price ya cant complain too much. seems a fairly tidy job. i do my cases mself, its not at all difficult and rewarding when completed. as for the barrels, well worth it for those without the gear, skill/data.