New KR250S

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Dave

New KR250S

Post by Dave »

Hello fellow KR owners

I just bought this 1985 KR250S, It needs a resto, Its a Japan version, I dont know if its de-rated like my old RG500, does anyone know? Are there any KR owners in the USA? Any good links to parts suppliers? I also have a complete parts bike thats identical to this one. I owned a 1989 KR-1 for a few years, that was in new condition and I sold it to a guy in St Pete Florida in 2003? , say hello if you read this. I couldnt figure out how to post the picture??

[/img]
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Hi Dave welcome to the forum,Just copy and paste the IMG code that appears under your photo bucket pic.Looking forward to seeing your KR.
Last edited by pablo on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Hi Dave & welcome, link for the kr250 is at the bottom of the main page, if you want to load pictures on here it's best to use something like photobucket http://photobucket.com/ Think falconman lives in the states
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Hi Dave,
Welcome to the forum.
Pepsi is another KR250 owner in the US. I doubt it's been re-dated like your RG was, as they were built between 84 and 86 if memory serves me correctly. The S model with the power-valve system is a bit af a rarity, so youve done well to get a matching parts bike.
Tim "stroker boy" is the resident Tandem Twin guru around here and will probably be will quite jellous that youve got yourself an S model (as am I for that matter lol). He also has his own site KR250.org which has some good info on these little old strokers.
Looking forward to some pics of the the bike and the build in progress.

Cheers, Scott.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
pepsi
Heavy Smoker

KR250 parts in the usa

Post by pepsi »

Dave the only place I could find parts is right here with these guys. Maybe Japan Yahoo, if can you figure out how to bid etc. I have a tail with a light if you need it.